iphone 3g operating temperature

suasex

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
I'm about to make the jump to an iphone and saw on the apple page the operating temperatures are 32? to 95? F, and the non operating temps are -4? to 113? F. what exactly do these mean?

being an aircraft mechanic I work in an open door hangar in Phoenix where the average daily temp is 100-110, although it's slightly cooler in the hangar. I'm just wondering if it will put too much stress on the phone and if I should find something else. thanks in advance!

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
i didn't realize those temps are the temps.. whoah... i think in a pocket in the summer is more than 113f...

but yes... you may OPERATE the phone between 32? to 95? F... and STORE the phone in the range -4? to 113? F..

I'm not quite sure if it will put too much stress outside the temperature variants of the hardware. i can tell you that MacBook Pro's shut off when they fall outside the temperature ranges. but they're large computers, and have MANY temperature probes...

suasex

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
if the temp will get tested anywhere it will be in phoenix. I guess I'll give it a shot and return it within 30 days if it gives me problems

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR