iPhone 3G has LOCKED up again

Stephman

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
This is the 2nd time my iPhone 3G white 16GB has locked up to the point where I can't do anything with it.
When I connect to iTunes, it'll recognize it, but when I click "Restore" I get an error saying, can't connect to iPhone.
I don't know if it's 2.0 software, App Store apps or hardware.

When I went to the Apple store, they were able to connect it to their iTunes and wipe the phone. But I can't do that at home on my iTunes. That's bogus!

So today when I go to the Apple store, I'm going to push for a new one, instead of them wiping my current one. And I may just hold off downloading and installing App Store apps until 2.01 update is released.

This is really pissing me off. I'm coming from an AT&T Tilt with Windows Mobile 6. Granted, that had little problems here and there, but NEVER has it locked up to the point where I had to go to the store for them to restore it. I would just push the stylus into the reset switch and go about my business myself.
Now with the iPhone, I have to waste my gas driving 40 min. round trip to the Apple store for them to wipe/reset my phone.

I know every company, OS, software, etc. has it's little quirks. But the grass is not as green as I thought it would be over here on Apple's lawn.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I haven't had it lock up, buti t reboots at least once a day, and has a drastic "slow down" (where it seems like it is locked up for about 5 minutes) once a day or so.

Chris

joshj09

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Stephman,

What exactly happened? I think I may be in the same predicament. Yesterday I pulled the iPhone out of my pocket and all of sudden it is Locked and can't do anything except make an Emergency call. Also there was a message on the screen that states

"Repair Needs, Can't recieve for make outgoing calls, Please contact apple.com/support".

I then figured a restore would fix things but iTunes won't restore it and barely recognizes the device. Each time I try to restore it gives me a 1604 Error message saying it can't restore. Is that what happened to you? What did you say to the Apple people?

gadgetluva

Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
Yes, experiencing many lockups. My Blackjack II, Tilt, and Treo were all far more stable devices. Shame really since I really love the webrowsing on this thing. I'm already looking forward to the Treo 850...it will probably suit my needs better anyways (PIM on iPhone is a joke).

spiVeyx

Aug 1, 2004
Visit site
Safari crashes on me constantly. It's really quite bothersome because it takes time to reload all the webpages I was reading.

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Safari crashes on mine, but it's not that frequent. Once in a while, but I also think it's because I got like 5 different browser windows running at one time.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Safari crashes on me constantly. It's really quite bothersome because it takes time to reload all the webpages I was reading.

This might seem obvious, but I've noticed that when Safari crashes, it tends to be when I'm playing music from the itunes library WHILE I'm trying to view/load a web page that has lots of graphics, etc. The first warning signs of an impending Safari crash that I see are that the music track will skip a beat and the web page will start to "slur" and slow down. That's usually when I turn the music player off.

This doesn't happen often, mind you, but I thought it might be helpful to point it out.

Brent

PS-As a sidenote, is anyone else having problems POSTING messages/replies to this forum from your Iphone 3g? Ironically enough, I tried to reply to this thread twice before on my Iphone and I would get the message that I wasn't logged in (of course I had logged in minutes earlier). So on the third attempt, I used my desktop and voila, it worked....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh