If you still don't have a iPhone 3g post HERE!

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
SOOO i have had quite a bad experience on my iphone hunt. I friday i waited in line for 3 hours after work only to be told that they ran out of phones. And then went on Saturday morning at 6am, to wait outside an aT&T store, which didnt open till 10am. I was 4th on line, and i someone said they knew this store had phones. at about 9am an AT&T corporate rep. shows up and lets people know if their upgrade eligible, and a bunch of people left the line because he also told them they they would be unable to purchase a unsubsidized phone at the time. He came back later ad n said that they werent going to be able to meet everyones needs for 16gb models. So being 4th in line me and the few in front, who were also looking for 16's, thought that that meant they only had a few... finally we get in and low and behold they didnt have any 16's... so i am still without a phone... this is horrible, and at&T isdoing a miserable job meeting the demand....

I also had a family member try to go to an apple store adn get an iphone, and actually got the phone placed in their hand, but was turned away because my account supposedly has a company discount attached to it... even though i've never used my phone for work, or do i work for a company which offers a discount... so all my family has to go to the AT&T store to get our phones...unbelievable. :mad:

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
Did AT&T offer you fulfillment when they didn't have the phone you wanted? It seems AT&T holds out the bulk of their inventory at major warehouses and then 2-day FedExes them to the folks they sign up when the store shelves are empty..

wingfan

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I also had a family member try to go to an apple store adn get an iphone, and actually got the phone placed in their hand, but was turned away because my account supposedly has a company discount attached to it... even though i've never used my phone for work, or do i work for a company which offers a discount... so all my family has to go to the AT&T store to get our phones...unbelievable. :mad:

I had this happen to me on Friday morning at the Apple Store, there was no way in hell I was going to not get that phone. So I talked the apple girl into letting me just call AT&T to straighten it out. Turns out I had a FAN# on my account...I'm in the same situation as you, my personal phone, my company uses Verizon so there's no discount. They deleted the FAN#, and 15 minutes later I was purchasing my phone. Good luck, and double check with AT&T if you have a FAN#...

emceechad

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Did AT&T offer you fulfillment when they didn't have the phone you wanted? It seems AT&T holds out the bulk of their inventory at major warehouses and then 2-day FedExes them to the folks they sign up when the store shelves are empty..

That's LIES over here. I asked if I could order one under my name, they kept giving me the same "first come, first serve" excuse.

:mad:

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
i was able to get them to order one for me on saturday, the 16 gig white. but after checking today on my order status im staring at the screen telling me that the item is backordered... i dont know when im going to even be gettign one of these things at this point. im so disappointed in att with the roll out of this phone. its pathetic. after all the time i spent in line i still have nothing...

timebomb16

Jun 22, 2008
Visit site
i'm almost past just mildly irritated.

yeah . . no. i did direct fulfillment and it's a load of crap. i Paid for my phone, i check the order status and for the past three days it has said that my 16GB Black iPhone is on "back order" is won't even give me a time estimate. meanwhile AT&T stores are getting new shipments and selling the phone to non direct fulfillment customers.

This lack of service and courtesy really astounds me. especially when a store says that they have absolutely none in stock, and you see people walking out with their new iPhones. :mad:

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Guess I should have waited in line

Wow ... was I wrong. First I thought I'd be able to walk into an AT&T store Friday afternoon and get one. Then when I heard about all the madness I held off. Then I figured I'd be able to go to the Apple store Saturday and get one with little to no wait ... nope, 40-50 people in line every time I called to check. Then I figured, well no one will waiting come Sunday. And they weren't. Because they had no phones. Today, all AT&T stores are out of stock and the Apple store only at the white one, which I don't think I want but I'm thinking about. I'm heading out of town Wednesday and was really hoping to have an iphone for that ...

Anyway, I very much misjudged what the hype was going to be like!

BayBoss05

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
hey
i waited in line for 3 hours on friday and about 2 hours in they told us they ran out of phones so i waited another hour 2 order a 16g black but they told me they ran out of them too. i mean how do u run out of something ur ordering?
so i settled for a 8g black and they told me it should come in monday or tuesday but i doubt that it will.

i go online 2 check my order status and when i enter in the numbers it send me back to the home page.
where did u guys check ur order status at?
im tired of at&t they should have done better in all this. :mad:

Kahne91123

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I thought i was going to be able to do the same thing but i was wrong as well. I got tired of going to the store so I finally just ordered one like they asked me if i wanted to do each time I went in there. So I guess i will get it in 7-10 days. Maybe. Everytime I try to check my order on the website it tells me that it cant find it. So who knows when i will get it

Kahne91123

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I see im not the only one not able to check my order status. It will be interesting to see if I get it in the 7-10 days they said it would take.

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Direct Fulfillment orders

Has anyone gotten their phone though this process yet? I just signed up for it today and was wondering how long they said 7 days so i hope that is true.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
i seriously doubt it will be any time soon. i would say that att has ordered the same number of phones which it has already sold by direct fulfillment. and of course now everything is backordered. We arnt goign to see phones for a while. apple horded them all to their stores, so att has nothing in their inventory at any stores or any warehouse.

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Well I am holding the guy to the 7 days he told me I told him that if it wasnt in 7 days I would cancel my order and Drive 2 hours to an apple store to get one. I know they wont like that cuse they wont get the commission on the sale and the extending of the contract. So they better get them in 7 days

schartzr

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I was told that the apple stores had a meeting today that they said that they would not be getting anymore in the stores until the direct fulfillments were filled anyone this that is true?

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I sure hope not. I really can't believe they are running out of them. I thought all the talk was about how they were producing them out like crazy in preparation for the launch. Guess we'll find out soon enough. And if that is the case, it would be so appreciated if they would make some sort of announcement or at least give the salespeople permission to tell customers so I can stop bothering Joe at the Apple store who sounds like the nicest guy in the world but I'm sure he's about ready to go postal on the phone.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
No crazy story for me. I just got tired of waiting for it. Maybe my commttment isn't there. But it does bum me out. Like all of you I've been waiting for this phone for a long time. To be disappointed like this is just not very cool.

BayBoss05

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
actually im suprised cause i just got a call from at&t and they said my phone is ready to be picked up.
that was pretty fast since i figured it wouldnt be here for 2 weeks or so.