View Poll Results: Happy? Not so happy?
- 62. You may not vote on this poll
- 07-15-2008, 12:35 AM #26
- 07-15-2008, 07:48 AM #27
- 07-15-2008, 07:58 AM #28
Well, this is my first non-Treo smartphone (although the Treo 680 was just my first smartphone). I am very happy with it. Sure there are some things that the Treo did that I liked better, and it had many more applications for it. But I figure the applications will catch up, I am getting used to the virtual keyboard (not as hard as I thought it would be in the beginning) and IMO the features the iPhone DOES has are far and away much better. It is great to be able to actually feel like I am reading an email on my computer, or surfing the web.
- 07-15-2008, 11:27 AM #29
- 07-23-2008, 06:13 AM #31
I'm totally happy
I'm TOTALLY happy. I'm new to the iphone. I'm a converted Blackberry users so for me the iphone 3g is GREAT. I have notice the battery life isnt that great compared to what I'm use to with the Blackberry but I will get over that very quickly. I have been in love with Apple for 1 year now. 6 months ago i got rid of both my PC computer and got a macbook pro and feel in love with Apple within 24 hours of buying my Macbook Pro. I want everything Apple creates. The one thing I can say that sucks about the iphone 3g is no video. But again......I can get over that.
- 07-23-2008, 08:36 AM #32
I must be one of the few that has no problems with my iphone. Well aside from having an app crash thats about it. My contacts is fast. I guess maybe its because I don't have hundreds of them like some people might. I am just loving this phone.
- 09-03-2008, 04:25 PM #33
- 09-04-2008, 04:49 AM #34
- 09-04-2008, 03:20 PM #36
- 09-04-2008, 03:34 PM #37
What are all the iPhone haters going to do when the 2.1 firmware comes out in a few weeks with new features and real (not 2.0.1 or 2.0.2) bugfixes! And if they put in copy / paste (which I dont see what all the fuss is about) then all those blackberry lovers are gonna be hurting
- 09-04-2008, 03:59 PM #38
- 09-04-2008, 08:27 PM #39
- 09-05-2008, 12:35 AM #40
- 09-05-2008, 03:44 PM #41
i'm a business people and i seldom use copy and paste...sorry.
Like other features that people harp on and seldom use... Wifi, gps, multitasking, etc.
But what would really make the iphone more appealing is if apple stops being so controlling. Let's see slingbox, netshare, etc. I don't like them saying what is and what isn't allowed. That's the main missing "feature" for me...
- 09-05-2008, 03:58 PM #42
- 09-06-2008, 08:29 PM #43
The only issue that I have is the sounds problem, SMS tones not working, and the ringer volume turning itself down all the time. Everything else about this phone is awesome!!!
It seems like everything on it works flawlessly, except the actual phone features. Still needs a little in that dept. Hopefully the next firmware update will fix the weird sound bugs.
- 09-06-2008, 08:34 PM #44
- 09-07-2008, 12:44 PM #45iPhone Intermediate
- 316 Posts
I'd have to say I'm completely happy with my iPhone! While away from the forums I've been testing out other touch screen devices, not because I want to switch, it's just because I love gadgets and wanted to see what was out there. I played with the LG DARE at Verizon and boy did it suck. It's touch screen isn't that responsive and internet on it is atrocious. I've also played with the Samsung Instinct. It's ok, honestly. I hate the haptic feedback that other touch screen phones offer. I think they offer that because they know it's screen isn't a responsive as the iPhone and they want the user to know when they touched something.
I love the iPhone. I've never seen a device that has such a clean interface, is simple to use, and is packed with so many features.
Anyone feel the same? Also has anyone here played with other touch screen phones? What are you thoughts?
- 09-07-2008, 12:45 PM #46
- 09-09-2008, 07:14 AM #47
- 09-09-2008, 08:09 PM #48iPhone Nanite
- 7 Posts
what I like:
- I love the speed when on 3G and I love how it automatically connects to wifi networks that I have connected to in the past.
- this really is the ultimate media device - from gaming to surfing and listening to music, the iPhone kicks other devices butt.
- simplicity of use: the device is easy to use for any novice. I love that you can pick up on things so easily.
What I hate:
- email is not push; I'm lucky if my email updates at all(I use yahoo). 70% of the time the push will work, but seems like fetch only. The other 30% the email will not refresh and I have to a powercycle.
- crashing; you're on the browser checking out sites an all of the sudden it crashes and brings you back to the homepage. Same when using programs - random crashing
- 3G eats the battery way too quickly.
- no copy and paste! WTF.
- no arrows when trying to navigate typing fields or notes. Say I wanted to go back the top of what I just wrote here - I can't. The magnifying glass that appears when you hold your finger down does work but you can't scroll up in a text box. It's annoying.
- no stereo Bluetooth. Serious mistake on apple's part. It's an amazong media device. How can you not have stereo Bluetooth?
Return policy sucks with Rogers as do the plans. :-(
- 09-10-2008, 06:10 AM #49
- 09-10-2008, 10:28 AM #50