Apple Sticking It to Rogers for Insane iPhone 3G Plans?

BeyondtheTech

Jul 2, 2008
Visit site
Apple not happy with Rogers over iPhone plan pricing? : Boy Genius Report

Apple is rumored to divert large stock of Canadian iPhone 3G shipments to European countries due to the customer-unfriendly pricing that Rogers has set for the iPhone 3G. Additional staff who were hired by Rogers to handle the alleged influx of potential iPhone 3G customers were also reportedly fired immediately.

Looks like Canadian end-users weren't the only ones who are unhappy with Rogers' voice and data plans attached to the iPhone 3G. If Apple takes a stance, there may be hope yet for Canada. Or, we'll just hope that Apple sells unlocked iPhones directly from their Canadian retail stores.

dhp1080

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm not sure this is 100% correct, but after Rogers' less then spectacular showing regarding the iPhone pricing, it seems more likely.

I don't see why Rogers' can't just lower the prices. It'd greatly increase the number of Canadian iPhone users and shed some positive light on Rogers' PR department.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
all i got to say is Powned by apple... sux for the friends to the north... i guess the iphone 1st gen market is going to be thin as all the canadians are going to buy to use other GSM company..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2