- iPhone Newbie
- 31 Posts
So, what are you doing to prepare for iPhone 3G?
We're less than a week away from the launch of iPhone 3G, and the anticipation is mounting ever so steady.
The question is, what are you doing to prepare for iPhone 3G? Taking off from work? Bombarding AT&T reps with emails? Looking at specs? Fixing your music collection? Tell anything that you are doing in preparation here.
I'm doing the following for the preparation for the launch:
- Importing/fixing my RAZR contacts into Outlook Express
- Making ringtones for the people I talk to most
- Giving nearly all of my contacts pictures
- Resetting my voicemail password
- Selling my iPod touch
- Emailing AT&T reps on just about everything
- Taking off from work
- Porting/tagging my iPod touch music
- Buying new music from iTunes
- 07-05-2008, 06:04 PM #2
- 07-05-2008, 06:16 PM #3iPhone Newbie
- 43 Posts
Pretty much just trying to organize my contacts and my music. I'm also thinking about upgrading my home computer to Leopard but haven't quite decided on that. That's not necessary for the iphone, of course, but if I'm going to do it, I'd rather do it before I start syncing up.
- 07-05-2008, 06:41 PM #5
This is basically what i'm doing...
- Went to the AT&T store, got pre-approved for credit
- Purchased case, its been delivered already.
- Update, and obtain cover art for ALL of my music
- Convert some of my personally owned DVD's using handbrake.
- Sync'd my Blackberry with the Apple Address Book Application, updating contacts.
- Getting my iphoto library into shape.
- Used Garage band to make some free ring tones.
- Took day off to buy iphone...
Oh, and i've already sold my Blackberry pending my Iphone purchase...
- 07-05-2008, 07:55 PM #6
- 07-05-2008, 08:46 PM #7
- 07-05-2008, 11:12 PM #8
I've verified what my ETFs will be with Verizon. I've decided to switch the whole family. I've got a Treo 700p and a USB720 broadband card and my wife has a RAZR. We'll be ditching Verizon entirely and picking up a 16GB iPhone 3G for me and an 8GB iPhone 3G for her. I figure I won't need the card anymore since I use it mostly for web browsing work while on the road and I expect to be able to get that done on the iPhone itself. Considering heading into an AT&T store to have the credit check done early, though I don't expect there to be a problem. We used to have an AT&T account back when it was Cingular. Will they do that pre-approval over the phone or do you have to go into the store?
- 07-06-2008, 12:11 AM #9
- 07-06-2008, 02:10 AM #10
- 07-06-2008, 01:05 PM #11
- 07-06-2008, 05:33 PM #12
- 07-06-2008, 05:42 PM #13
What program do you guys use to encode videos to iPhone friendly formats? I have a lot of .avi (Divx/Xvid) files that I would like to put on my iPhone.
And to answer the original post, I've been organizing my music, formatted my PC, and just bought a couple of TV episodes on iTunes to see how they look.
- 07-06-2008, 08:26 PM #14
- 07-06-2008, 08:38 PM #15
- 07-06-2008, 09:41 PM #16
- 07-06-2008, 09:48 PM #17
- 07-06-2008, 09:52 PM #18
- 07-06-2008, 11:53 PM #19
- 07-07-2008, 05:44 AM #20iPhone Beginner
- 79 Posts
- 07-07-2008, 07:23 AM #21iPhone Newbie
- 24 Posts
This will be my first iPhone so I don't really know what to do to prepare for it. I didn't have any experience in using one.
From what I've read here, I should organise my music, test several options for converting videos to be iPhone compatible (btw, what file format should be a video file to be played on an iPhone?) and what I'm really doing is finding some more money to buy one. I don't have yet all the money.
- 07-07-2008, 07:29 AM #22iPhone Newbie
- 18 Posts
Absolutely nothing. All my crap is in order already and since I've had my soon-to-be old school iPhone 2G since June 30th 2007, I will be able to import all my stuff from that phone into my new iPhone 3G once the latter lands.
I'm arriving in NYC at 7PM this Thursday and will be staying with a friend, who just moved into a new apartment in lower Manhattan, for the weekend. We're both getting iPhone 3G's and I'm looking for a weekend of iPhone 3G geekery, browsing the App Store at 3G speeds, testing the GPS in the middle of Manhattan, and first and foremost: getting wasted nightly--in NYC.
I couldn't be more excited.
- 07-07-2008, 11:15 AM #23
- 07-07-2008, 11:21 AM #24
- 07-07-2008, 11:45 AM #25iPhone Beginner
- 58 Posts
if you think i started preparing this week your sadly mistaken... i've been at it full on for almost a month . . . but really i've been off an on for the whole year.
- started using addressbook
- tried to get all my friends AIM, e-mail, and phone #s into one v-card
- sorted the pics that i want to have on the phone into an album in iPhoto
- Made a playlist with the music i want on the phone
- started making ringtones with garageband
- watching all the videos that i can find about iPhone
- read every iPhone article i could load onto my computer . . .
- and much more . . . i dont want to be a post hog . . .