So, what are you doing to prepare for iPhone 3G?

emceechad

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
We're less than a week away from the launch of iPhone 3G, and the anticipation is mounting ever so steady.

The question is, what are you doing to prepare for iPhone 3G? Taking off from work? Bombarding AT&T reps with emails? Looking at specs? Fixing your music collection? Tell anything that you are doing in preparation here.

I'm doing the following for the preparation for the launch:
  • Importing/fixing my RAZR contacts into Outlook Express
  • Making ringtones for the people I talk to most
  • Giving nearly all of my contacts pictures
  • Resetting my voicemail password
  • Selling my iPod touch
  • Emailing AT&T reps on just about everything
  • Taking off from work
  • Porting/tagging my iPod touch music
  • Buying new music from iTunes

sailorgirl

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Pretty much just trying to organize my contacts and my music. I'm also thinking about upgrading my home computer to Leopard but haven't quite decided on that. That's not necessary for the iphone, of course, but if I'm going to do it, I'd rather do it before I start syncing up.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
This is basically what i'm doing...

• Went to the AT&T store, got pre-approved for credit
  • Purchased case, its been delivered already.
  • Update, and obtain cover art for ALL of my music
  • Convert some of my personally owned DVD's using handbrake.
  • Sync'd my Blackberry with the Apple Address Book Application, updating contacts.
  • Getting my iphoto library into shape.
  • Used Garage band to make some free ring tones.
  • Took day off to buy iphone...

Oh, and i've already sold my Blackberry pending my Iphone purchase...

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
called verizon to see what etf will be
setting up graph for monthly price to see if i can afford it
making a list it will cost with everything
swithed to yahoo mail
updated contacts

oh it will be a long week..

dhp1080

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I actually started using iCal, created some new playlists in iTunes for music I want on my iPhone, and called my local AT&T store to make sure they'll have them for the launch on friday. Exciting, no?

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
I've verified what my ETFs will be with Verizon. I've decided to switch the whole family. I've got a Treo 700p and a USB720 broadband card and my wife has a RAZR. We'll be ditching Verizon entirely and picking up a 16GB iPhone 3G for me and an 8GB iPhone 3G for her. I figure I won't need the card anymore since I use it mostly for web browsing work while on the road and I expect to be able to get that done on the iPhone itself. Considering heading into an AT&T store to have the credit check done early, though I don't expect there to be a problem. We used to have an AT&T account back when it was Cingular. Will they do that pre-approval over the phone or do you have to go into the store?

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Cat, you need to go to the store i believe, they give you a receipt with some special number on it... although, it may be the same on the phone... i dunno for sure..

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
-Add pictures for my contacts
-Sell stuff on ebay
-Update my music library.
-Make wallpapers

That's what I'm doing to prepare for the iPhone 3G. Also check the local AT&T stores and Apple stores to see if a line has started.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I have been encoding videos
making ringtones
making videostone iFoneTec Ltd
I've watched tons of iphone videos on youtube
goggled dozens of web sites
took off from work

gadgetluva

Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
What program do you guys use to encode videos to iPhone friendly formats? I have a lot of .avi (Divx/Xvid) files that I would like to put on my iPhone.

And to answer the original post, I've been organizing my music, formatted my PC, and just bought a couple of TV episodes on iTunes to see how they look.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
What program do you guys use to encode videos to iPhone friendly formats? I have a lot of .avi (Divx/Xvid) files that I would like to put on my iPhone.

And to answer the original post, I've been organizing my music, formatted my PC, and just bought a couple of TV episodes on iTunes to see how they look.

try videora, its really quick, like 14 min for a whole 90 min movie

Videora iPod Converter - Free iPod Video Converter

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
What does everyone use for making ringtones?
The export ringtone from Garageband doesn't have very good quality.

GaryUSC

Apr 27, 2005
Visit site
What I am doing in preparation is to find out whether or not my wife is eligible for upgrading and exactly how much my plan will cost per month.

josh5308

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
put my blackberry on ebay, finding a way to transfer my contacts from my blackberry to the iphone, finding a friend who will wait in line with me at the att store

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site

I tried a lot of encoder, but I don't like them much. I used Videora for a while until I started using Nero Recode 3 for the past year and I must say that is the best encoder I have used. It is fast and the video quality is excellent, you can select your file size and Nero will adjust your video accordingly. It comes with the Nero suite.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice