- 07-07-2008, 04:13 PM #26
I plan on buying my phone from an Apple store and the guy at my at&t store told me to wait because Apple is going to run a credit check anyways so no point in getting pre-approved at at&t. I think I will have a better chance getting from an Apple store considering that at&t sold last year and Apple still had them in stock.
- 07-07-2008, 04:29 PM #27
1. Getting on my wife's AT&T individual account so I'm authorized to change it to a family account on July 11.
2. Selling my current iPod and LG phone on ebay.
3. Moving all of my calendars to iCal and contacts to Address Book from Google Calendar and GMail using the SpanningSync Demo.
4. Paring down the media I have on my 30GB iPod to fit onto my 16GB iPhone. (I needed to do this anyway.)
5. Investigating ways to get away with losing SMS (not willing to pay the extra $5/month) by using Mail, Twitterific for iPhone, and other web/native apps.
6. Making a tentative list of apps I'm going to buy from the App Store at launch, if possible.
7. Ordering a couple of cases.
I think that covers everything, although I'm probably missing a step.
- 07-07-2008, 04:30 PM #28
- 07-07-2008, 05:57 PM #29
- 07-07-2008, 06:00 PM #30
- 07-07-2008, 06:25 PM #31
- 07-07-2008, 06:40 PM #32
- 07-07-2008, 09:51 PM #33
- 07-07-2008, 11:01 PM #34
But, since you're an existing customer, it's a moot point anyway. They won't do a credit check.
- 07-07-2008, 11:36 PM #35
Besides, I'm planning on going to an Apple Store and not an AT&T store.
Last edited by illjazz; 07-07-2008 at 11:39 PM.
- 07-08-2008, 03:59 AM #36
- 07-08-2008, 09:28 AM #37
- 07-08-2008, 09:53 AM #38iPhone Newbie
- 40 Posts
At this point my preparations include crossing my fingers and hoping to win a free iPhone. My other option is waiting until September when funds free up for a unit. totally bummed that I have to stick with my paper weight of a phone that has Sprint service attached, but you gotta do what you gotta do, ya know.
- 07-08-2008, 02:17 PM #39
- 07-08-2008, 02:57 PM #40iPhone Newbie
- 29 Posts
I'm not doing much to prepare for an iPhone, and I still don't know if I'm going to wait in line or wait for a week or two. Anyway, here's my bulleted list.
- Setting up Mail.app with Gmail IMAP so I don't have to pay for MobileMe...
- Deciding if I should wait for a prepaid option to appear.
- Trying to find a good case, debating having a naked iPhone.
- Spending too much time reading everything online that is iPhone 3G related.
- Getting very excited.
EDIT: There's a contest? *reads up on contest* Well, I guess you can add crossing fingers to my list too.