Where are you buying the iPhone 3G

At which store are you going to purchase the iPhone 3G?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I'm on the fence about it... i think the Apple store will be busier, but have more stock, and the AT&T store in my area at least seems really dormant. They've also told me that I must be online early, or they will sell out quickly; I guess based on last years experience.

I'm going to start out at the local AT&T store, and if its too busy, and it looks like they're going to sell out, I'm going to go to the Apple store...

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I said this in another thread and I'll say it here:
I'm guessing that a lot of people on this forum might be shocked to see very few lines. Think about it. This is no where near as big as the first iPhone. Not even close. We are also a less than a week away. How many commercials or any other kind of advertising have you seen so far? Nada...

*Also added a poll to this thread...
*My fault... I thought I saw a poll like this already... closed this one. Sorry.

Last edited:

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
I think Bad Ash is right. The "feel" is not at all the same this time around. You only catch lightening in a once, and although I believe the iPhone 3g will sell great, the frenzy will not be the same. That's great, because I can't get to our AT&T store until late afternoon (wishful thinking?)

Impulse622

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
When are you going to start lining up for the Jesus Phone?

Hope there isn't a thread on this already, but..

I'm just wondering when and where people are going to be lining up. I'm planing on lining up downtown at the Eaton Centre probably on Thursday. Perhaps earlier if I hear there is already a line. I doubt a lot of people from Toronto visit these forums though.

Anyways other people, post too.

mtsfestivus

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
There's a small, little-known AT&T store near where I live, so I was even thinking about just getting there at 8am. But I think I may get there a couple hours early, just in case.

jmeiners

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
My plan is to arrive 2 hours early. I live in a Chicago suburb and think that this will be enough time and if not, i will have to wait a few days. I think that there wont be crazy lines at my local AT&T store.

dhp1080

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
My plan is to arrive 2 hours early. I live in a Chicago suburb and think that this will be enough time and if not, i will have to wait a few days. I think that there wont be crazy lines at my local AT&T store.

Oddly enough, that is my exact plan too. I'm in the Chicago suburbs, and I can't expect my AT&T store getting too much iPhone traffic. 2 hours seems like enough time in advance to wait in line. I plan on bringing some McDonald's and sitting in my car if there's no line yet. If a line exists, I enjoy my tasty hash browns while waiting for the store to open. It should be a fun adventure.

gadgetluva

Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
I'll stop by AT&T during lunch to see how bad the lines are. If they're bad, I'll head over to the Apple store after work and wait it out. Unless we have a happy hour planned at work, then I'll have to get some drinks first and then head out on Saturday.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
only time I ever camped out overnight at a store was at walmart a couple years ago, it was a horrible experience, winter, day after thanksgiving, a worker they had outside a few hours before the store opened lied to us about how they would be distributing the big ticket items at the front of the store with coupons like tickets when they were actually in the back by the technology section on the floor, I was so upset, I froze all night for nothing, I did not shop a walmart for months after that, I wanted a laptop, but their prices are so low eventually I had to go back

Cool Cat

Dec 16, 2004
www.muelver.us
I haven't decided which store I'm going to yet but I'll be lining up at one of the Apple Stores here in Milwaukee, probably at about 4am on Friday.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Oddly enough, that is my exact plan too. I'm in the Chicago suburbs, and I can't expect my AT&T store getting too much iPhone traffic. 2 hours seems like enough time in advance to wait in line. I plan on bringing some McDonald's and sitting in my car if there's no line yet. If a line exists, I enjoy my tasty hash browns while waiting for the store to open. It should be a fun adventure.

Hmm waiting in line for the iPhone and getting some McDonalds breakfast sounds pretty good.

Mihai

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I don't intend to go too early. If there will be a long line, I guess I won't be sitting. I hate staying in line. And the hardest thing will be to wake up at 6 :D

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I don't intend on lining up at all. I plan on walking into my local Apple store and buy one. I'm pretty sure that Apple will have good amount of phones in stock as the first iPhone didn't sell out on release day, this one shouldn't either.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
AT&T stores are chaotic on slow days. The Apple Store was organized and efficient all during last year's iPhone release. Hmmm... I'm going to go with Apple as the better choice. :cool:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73