- 01-10-2009, 05:23 PM #51
- 01-11-2009, 11:41 AM #52
Wow, June or July? That would be awesome!
I wonder how they'll change it not only hardware-wise but externally also. Will it be slimmer? Harder? Shaped differently?
I just hope Apple stays on the right track as they have, for the most part, been on as far as designing awesome technology goes.
- 01-11-2009, 07:23 PM #53
- 01-11-2009, 07:38 PM #54
I was one of those lunatics that waited in line for the 3G on opening day...IIRC, it was Friday July 13? I remember coming armed with nothing more than my Treo 700p and learning the hard way that even in the heart of summer, it STILL gets cold during the early morning hours in Chicago.
As it stands right now, I can't say I'll be doing that again (I'll just wait a few months before getting generation 3), but you never know if the madness will overcome me again...
- 01-11-2009, 11:58 PM #55
I would think the same. Although, I don't know if I would need more than 16Gb for the phone...at least not while I have MobileMe.
Lunatic? No, that is dedication sir. If you do it, I'll do it. I should mention I am far south of you but we could do a contest perhaps?
- 01-12-2009, 02:31 AM #56
- 01-12-2009, 05:02 AM #57
We'll see. The biggest difference is that last year I was eager to dump my Treo of 2 years and try the new iPhone (having never had one before). This time around, I'm satisfied with the 3G-in fact, I'm hardly done playing with it (having only had it since last July), so I'm not in a hurry to buy a new phone just yet.
IIRC, Apple's exclusivity contract with AT&T ends in 2010 (?) so it wouldn't be for a while.
Last edited by Tunnelrunner; 01-12-2009 at 05:11 AM.
- 01-12-2009, 05:40 PM #58
- 01-12-2009, 09:42 PM #59
- 01-13-2009, 01:11 AM #60
- 01-15-2009, 08:16 PM #61
- 01-22-2009, 01:30 AM #62
I think an iPhone HD would be cool, one that has a greater screen resolution. That would be sweet for watching videos and playing games, and it just so happens that those are the two things I plan on doing as soon as I can get an iPhone.
- 01-24-2009, 12:07 AM #63
- 01-24-2009, 02:58 PM #64
- 01-29-2009, 10:42 PM #65
- 02-01-2009, 02:35 PM #66
The thing I'm most worried about is the fact that we can think of hundreds of things we would like for the next iPhone, and which seem logical enough considering the production lines of related companies, but Apple usually hold off on a lot of things, and it makes me hope that they won't just go "OK, it's got 32GB, and it has a new camera...and that's it", just like they did with the iPhone 3G.
From February until June. That's plenty of time to put in every feature you can think of:
copy and paste
a new (possibly 3 or 5 megapixel) camera, with flash and zoom/autofocus
a front-facing camera
a back button?
longer battery power
To name but a few there. But I'm cautious. Apple could hold back on things like the camera, or the video features, as they always seem to do. I wouldn't mind if all the hardware was in place and the software available later via a download or upgrade. I just really want it to be the best device Apple can offer the market right now.
- 02-03-2009, 09:50 PM #67
- 02-03-2009, 10:12 PM #68
- 02-04-2009, 10:07 AM #69
- 02-04-2009, 12:23 PM #70iPhone Newbie
- 42 Posts
I really like the idea of being able to upload videos straight to youtube from the iPhone.
I would like:
Improved Camera - 5mp? with FLASH (or LED for video)
a bigger (HD) screen without making the phone bigger
possibly more slimline from all angles?
more scratch resistant
a 64 GB model so I can actually watch full length films
Also I would like the microphone hands free to be separate to the apple headphones (which are crappy)
more of the multi touch features
And of course a much improved battery. I end up lugging my laptop around on long journeys purely to give it some juice towards the end!
- 02-04-2009, 07:54 PM #71
- 02-05-2009, 09:48 AM #72
My perfect next gen iPhone would have the same form factor but have a bigger screen with higher resolution. The phone would have multi-tasking cabilities and push. It would also be nice if there were more cutomization options like keyboard color LOL idk to be honest no matter what it is I'm getting it and I'm going to love it.
- 02-07-2009, 10:39 PM #73iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
1. 32G w/ TomTom GPS software & maps "onboard"
2. Video camera (+ video calls, send pix & video without attaching to email)
3. Chromium shell in colors like the the nanos and shuffles
4. Better mapping to MS Outlook features (Contact categories, block space on calendar as Free/Busy/Tentative/Out of Office)
- 02-08-2009, 02:48 PM #74iPhone Newbie
- 11 Posts
the new iphone needs a couple of things:
1. secondary camera
2. better main camera
3. longer battery life
4. copy n paste!
6. forward / delete texts
7. status notifier
8. better speaker
9. a native chat client
10. wifi wireless n
11. slightly larger screen with higher resolution
12. adobe flash
13. camera flash
14. bluetooth file exchange
15...can't really think of anything else but im sure there's more haha
- 02-08-2009, 05:59 PM #75
I sincerely hope that several of those will see fruition in June/July.
1. Secondary camera - If Apple are planning on iChat video conferencing, and this is highly likely, then it's a given.
2. Better main camera - I'd like at least 3 or 3.2 megapixels, maybe 5. Of course, this won't improve picture quality, but it would match many smartphones on the market.
3. Longer battery life - If the other features are also brought in, then this is certain.
4. Copy and paste - Really overdue, and should be in there.
5. MMS - Hopeful for this, for the same reason as copy and paste.
6. Forward/delete texts - The same for 4 and 5, much overdue.
7. Status notifier - Not as important, but probably a simple software update.
8. Better speaker - Possible, perhaps if Bluetooth is made stereo, but perhaps unlikely.
9. A native chat client - iChat, if video conferencing happens.
10. Wifi wireless N - Hopeful, but maybe not.
11. Slightly larger screen with higher resolution - Possible, although we could still have HD on the current screen, but reports suggest one is circling around out there.
12. Adobe Flash - Apple and Adobe are working on a solution to the problem, and with 5 months until June, it should be solved by then, I would've thought.
13. Camera flash - If a camera improvement is made, and to bring it in line with other phones, then yes, definitely.
14. Bluetooth file exchange - Maybe, but not as likely as the others.
15. Zoom or autofocus perhaps?
16. 32GB, please!