No tethering for iPhone 3G

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
No tethering for iPhone 3G - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)

Over at iPhone Atlas they're reporting that AT&T is not planning to offer a tethering option for the forthcoming iPhone 3G. Right now AT&T does offer the option for many of their 3G phones, which allows you to use the phone as a cellular modem on a laptop as part of a $65/month data plan. According to an AT&T spokesman, however, no such Phone-As-Modem plan will be offered for the iPhone 3G.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Just remember that tethering plans for other smartphones brings your data bill to $60/mo, and limits you to a total of 5gb of data to share between devices.

patcom8

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Thats ridiculous. this is the reason why i've been so mad all along.. AT&T. their ruining the iphone. we need Steve to put them back in their place. they've given them too much power and now their goign to take everything away from the users. Watch that 90% user satisfaction plummet. its really sad.

IrishJK09

May 30, 2008
Visit site
I just want to say this again. Before getting all upset at the lack of tethering, remember that At&t requires a tethering plan to use it on their other 3G phones, and that plan costs $60 a month.

xintelinsanex

May 30, 2008
Visit site
Tethering is certainly a nice option, but I can live without it. Tethering or not, the iPhone 3G is still a good phone. I wonder why tethering is not being offered, even with a higher data plan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2