Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Want to work with iPhone 2G having freezed bottom bar on touchscreen

I have iPhone 2G ios 3.1.3. This is a jailbroken iPhone. The bottom bar of my phone is completely freezed (dead). This is a hardware issue. But i want to know is there any fix or application through which i can work with this phone having freezed bottom bar. For example if there is any app which reduce the display size on touchscreen so that i do not need to touch that freezed(dead) part of touchscreen.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Want to work with iPhone 2G having freezed bottom bar on touchscreen

You 100% sure it's a hardware issue? Why don't you update it to the latest software. Might fix for your problems.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,597 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Default Re: Want to work with iPhone 2G having freezed bottom bar on touchscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob Adolfsson View Post
    You 100% sure it's a hardware issue? Why don't you update it to the latest software. Might fix for your problems.
    I’m not sure that any current version of iOS will run in the iPhone 2... and not sure how Apple handles signing iOS versions older than current for older devices. I know for a fact that they are no longer signing any version of iOS older than the current 6.01 in any device that will run it.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Yeah you're right 3.1.3 is the latest iOS that will work with the 2G.

Global Posts
    4,097 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default Want to work with iPhone 2G having freezed bottom bar on touchscreen

A restore will put it on the latest OS for that particular device. iTunes will detect its the 2g iPhone and install the correct OS