Which is the better buy? The iPad Air 2 or the iPad Mini 2?

Jessia Romero

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking to buy either an iPad Air 2 or and iPad Mini 2.

Which would be the best buy?
Would it be better for me to invest in a 32gb iPad Mini 2 or a 16gb iPad Air 2?

Thanks for your help!:yes:

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 2?

Depending on what your using it for I would go with the air 2 because of the screen size. I also would consider going to the next level of storage because, at least for me, these levels are too low.

Let us know what you decided about on.

ElenaCanada

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 2?

Yes, if you can afford the Air 2 with upgraded storage, I would go with that. The 16 fills up so fast it's crazy. Even if you aren't a heavy user.

Oh and check out the refurbished store for one at a discount!

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site

Choose between a mini 4 and air 2 since the air 2 is a generation ahead of the mini 2, air 2 released with the mini 3, but I wouldn't recommend a mini 3 since it's basically a mini 2 with Touch ID and a higher price tag slapped on. So go between a mini 4 and air 2.

Air 2 is better if you want a bigger screen, mini 4 has a more advanced processor.

DLieSaS

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm sorry, but there is no question: iPad Air 2 is much faster, thinner, has a better display, much better camera, Touch ID, supports Split-view (which the iPad mini 2 doesn't) – that's really essential for modern iPading… – as much RAM as the newest iPad Pro (9.7"). iPad Air 2 is the obvious choice for the present as well as in terms of futureproofing!

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site

I'm looking to buy either an iPad Air 2 or and iPad Mini 2.

Which would be the best buy?
Would it be better for me to invest in a 32gb iPad Mini 2 or a 16gb iPad Air 2?

Thanks for your help!:yes:

Firstly, A Very warm Welcome to iMore! Thanks for joining us :D

I personally would go with the iPad Air 2.

+ More Screen Real-estate
+ Fully laminated display
+ Antireflective coating
+ Better Processor and Graphics
+ Better Camera (8mp vs 5mp)
+ Finger Print Sensor

As you can see, it offers a lot more :)

niharikasarma

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site

I guess it really depends on what you need it for. Quite honestly, I don't think the iPad Mini's screen is that much larger than my iPhone 6 Plus screen. It's nice and portable, but the screen size is a definite disadvantage.

I read a lot of PDFs and books, so the iPad Air, iPad Pro, etc. are much better options. Bigger screens are better, in my opinion. Of course, if you just want an iPad you can easily fit into most handbags, the iPad mini might be a better choice.

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

I love the size of the iPad Mini because it fits in my bag and on my elliptical machine. My wife carries the iPad Air 2, with a keyboard case as a laptop replacement.

It really depends what you are willing to carry/hold and how you want to use it.

BTW, iMore tipped me to a great sale on the iPad Mini 4 right now. :)

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

I disagree. Reading books, PDFs and playing games ported from the PC all work MUCH better on the iPad mini than the iPhone 7 plus.

Other things are simply nicer, such as video and long-form writing.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

I say the mini 2. I have that iPad, so I might just be a bit biased. I got mine in June for $189 and it runs smoothly, even since I updated to iOS 10.1.1.

Swapnil Vartak

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Between the Air 2 and Mini 2...I would go for the Air 2...much more powerful with a better and bigger screen...Also the Air 2 base model has been upgraded to 32 gb at the same price...

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The Air 2 will give you greater longevity and support because it's a newer device. That being said, I wouldn't go with 16 GB. Even if you can pull it off today it doesn't mean you'll be able to pull it off a year or two from now. Do yourself a favor and invest in a larger capacity Air 2. You'll thank yourself later on.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Best Buy had an awesome deal on Friday (Black Friday)... it was on a iPad Air 2, 32g... $125.00 off the regular price, which I happily took advantage of! It might be worth checking to see if the same deal exists since it's still cyber week.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73