Which one should I get: iPad Pro 9.7 or iPad Air 2?

wnick99

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm at a crossroads here, guys. If you were me, which iPad model would you choose?

64GB iPad Air 2 (WiFi only)
64GB iPad Air 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
128GB iPad Pro 9.7 (WiFi only)
128GB iPad Pro 9.7 (WiFi + Cellular)

And I already have my colors in mind: Gold for the iPad Air 2 and Rose Gold for the iPad Pro 9.7

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you do not currently own an iPad or you own a 1st generation iPad, iPad 2 or iPad Mini, I would definitely go with the 9.7" iPad Pro. I currently own a Rose Gold 32 GB Cellular + Wi-Fi 9.7" iPad Pro, and I really enjoy it. For my usage, 32 GB is more than enough. I also have the Pencil and the Apple Smart Keyboard. I recommend you get the Cellular + Wi-Fi version because you can always buy a pre-paid SIM card for it and use it at your convenience. Just having the freedom to connect when you're not able to use a Wi-Fi network is worth the extra money, in my opinion. As for the amount of storage, that's something you're going to have to decide on your own. Unless you're into hoarding and/or don't use any sort of cloud storage, 64 GBs should be more than plenty, in my opinion, but again, only you can answer that question.

Last edited:

wnick99

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
If you do not currently own an iPad or you own a 1st generation iPad, iPad 2 or iPad Mini, I would definitely go with the 9.7" iPad Pro. I currently own a Rose Gold 32 GB Cellular + Wi-Fi 9.7" iPad Pro, and I really enjoy it. For my usage, 32 GB is more than enough. I also have the Pencil and the Apple Smart Keyboard. I recommend you get the Cellular = Wi-Fi version because you can always buy a pre-paid SIM card for it and use it at your convenience. Just having the freedom to connect when you're not able to use a Wi-Fi network is worth the extra money, in my opinion. As for the amount of storage, that's something you're going to have to decide on your own. Unless you're into hoarding and/or don't use any sort of cloud storage, 64 GBs should be more than plenty, in my opinion, but again, only you can answer that question.

I did own a first gen iPad, a third gen iPad (a.k.a. "The new iPad"), and a second gen iPad mini with retina display. I owned the mini for almost 3 years before I eventually sold it after realizing that I wanted to go back to an iPad with a 9.7" inch screen. I've always wanted an iPad with cellular capabilities, but I just haven't had the extra $130 to do so, hence my first three iPads being WiFi only models. But this time is gonna be different for me, because if I do end up getting the iPad Pro 9.7 with WiFi + Cellular, it'll be my last iPad that I'll be upgrading to for the next several years. Thanks very much for the response.

peraman77

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Get as much storage as you can afford. You never want to short change yourself. It will enable you to get all kinds of apps and lots of everything else. Second i agree about getting the cellular version, just in case their are times when Wifi isn't available

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If you are going to use it for years to come, get the 128Gb iPad Pro 9.7 (Wifi + Cellular) and add it with the Apple Pencil (if you need a stylus) + Smart Keyboard (if you need a keyboard) = Perfect.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro