how do i completely restart my ipad?
my mom got an ipad for christmas and made an account and set the whole thing up ans put a password on her lock screen and just recently wanted to use her ipad and forgot her password so we need to restart her whole ipad. She doesnt remember any of her passwords for anything and she doesnt remember her icloud or anything.
- 04-01-2016, 09:32 PM #2
- 38,514 Posts
Re: how do i completely restart my ipad?
Without her iCloud passcode, she will not be able to reset the iPad as new. Having said that, she can use Apple's passcode retrieval option via the following link. If she is unable to retrieve the passcode, she. Is out of luck. Resetting the lock screen passcode is as simple as restoring the device, but restoring the device will not do any good if the iCloud Activation Lock is enabled and no one can recall the associated passcode.
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 04-01-2016, 08:41 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 04-01-2016, 05:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 04-01-2016, 04:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-01-2016, 03:56 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-01-2016, 03:12 PM