Stupid Decision to sell iPad?

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Just want to ask an irrelevant question. Since some peoples in imore forums did that too...

I brought iPad Mini 4 wifi a month ago. Pasted screen protector and cheap leather case. So i use it daily after work. Laying on couch, internet, forums... Gaming and videos...

Then i find it hard to justify my time and management in iPhone 6 Plus and iPad.

1. Using iPhone 6 Plus lesser (monthly bill subscription of data plan is about 100 dollar) -> at work i seldom use. Before mini 4 i use it alot and on the go..... Battery charge once per day or the next day i will charge my 6 Plus.
2. Have a powerful desktop too -> for Fallout 4 and shows on bigger 1080p LED TV.
3. Having most social media apps and other apps on both device. Notifications appear on both.

I just not used to it. So.....

I made an harsh decision to sell Mini 4 with minimum lost from retail price.

One of my family member got annoyed over this decision. And reprimand me for making an stupid decision. And not discussing this matter together.

Well, i am an adult. I pay Mini 4 with my own money.

After i sold my Mini 4. I do miss the larger screen for shows and browsing though. Especially laying down on bed.

Now i just use my desktop and iphone 6 plus before bed.

LOL.

I not sure whether i will get another iPad. LOL.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I would get an iPad if I were you. Best device to consume media, gaming, browsing, etc..

Get an Air or a Pro. The Mini is irrelevant when you already have a 6 Plus. Just my two cents :)

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Yea i thought to myself probably Mini 4 screen is too small as iPad. Maybe iPad Pro Mini will be interesting.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't think you made a stupid decision. Everyone has their preferences and methods for consuming and you seem just as happy with your 6 Plus. I had an iPad that I ended up giving to my son after I got my MacBook Pro because I simply stopped using it. I haven't been compelled to buy another iPad since.
It's easy to say you should have kept it or that you should run out an buy an iPad Pro but they're not cheap devices. Just because I wouldn't turn one down if someone were giving it to me for free doesn't mean I should go out and spend money on a device with marginal utility in my life.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Just want to ask an irrelevant question. Since some peoples in imore forums did that too...

I brought iPad Mini 4 wifi a month ago. Pasted screen protector and cheap leather case. So i use it daily after work. Laying on couch, internet, forums... Gaming and videos...

Then i find it hard to justify my time and management in iPhone 6 Plus and iPad.

1. Using iPhone 6 Plus lesser (monthly bill subscription of data plan is about 100 dollar) -> at work i seldom use. Before mini 4 i use it alot and on the go..... Battery charge once per day or the next day i will charge my 6 Plus.
2. Have a powerful desktop too -> for Fallout 4 and shows on bigger 1080p LED TV.
3. Having most social media apps and other apps on both device. Notifications appear on both.

I just not used to it. So.....

I made an harsh decision to sell Mini 4 with minimum lost from retail price.

One of my family member got annoyed over this decision. And reprimand me for making an stupid decision. And not discussing this matter together.

Well, i am an adult. I pay Mini 4 with my own money.

After i sold my Mini 4. I do miss the larger screen for shows and browsing though. Especially laying down on bed.

Now i just use my desktop and iphone 6 plus before bed.

LOL.

I not sure whether i will get another iPad. LOL.

I must have missed the "irrelevant question" while reading your post......Having said that, if the thread question is what you're asking then "my answer" is no. You thought about it, came to the conclusion that it was unnecessary, and then made the decision to sell it. I applaud your decision.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Yea. The reason I sold it was due to lesser usage for 6 plus. I wasn't prepare to use 6 plus as phone, sms.....

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If you plan on getting an iPad in the long run, I would recommend getting the Air 3 or Pro 2. The Mini is too small once you have the 6/6s Plus imo.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I personally am considering selling my iPad Air 2 and using that money to buy an Apple Watch. Since I got a new laptop, I find that I use my iPad much less. For all things mobile like YouTube, I can just as well use my iPhone 6S and be good to go. At this point, an Apple Watch would be good for me as a fitness tracker etc.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I personally am considering selling my iPad Air 2 and using that money to buy an Apple Watch. Since I got a new laptop, I find that I use my iPad much less. For all things mobile like YouTube, I can just as well use my iPhone 6S and be good to go. At this point, an Apple Watch would be good for me as a fitness tracker etc.

Yea I have a desktop which is great for hd videos and game like fallout 4. If I am lazy I will just lay on bed with 6 plus.

I will see how when air 3 or pro 2 come out later this month.

jburke5

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I'll be selling my iPad Air soon. For me, the screen is too small to watch movies and videos. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy an iPad Pro now or wait for the next release. Either way, the larger screen is important to me.

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
I have the iPhone 6 Plus as well and got the iPad mini 2 for Christmas last year. I love the mini screen size and portability for reading (the primary use) and it is bigger than my phone to watch videos on the go. But if you weren't happy with your device, you were right to sell it. Don't let people bully you. 🙂

richardlexsmith

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
After buying my iPhone 6 Plus a while back I had worked out a deal to sell my iPad Air 2, reasoning that I also would not need both. But my granddaughter implored me to "think of the memories" so I still have it.....and still use it extensively.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Haha i was about to pick up air 2 again lol seeing price drop. Lucky i stop, remove item from bag and logout. No want the same tragic as my deceased mini 4. :)

Just a 6 Plus and i5 desktop.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I can't stay without my iPad mini 4. It's just too convenient to take around with me when I need more screen estate than my iPhone ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal