Is the iPad still relevant?

lkveggie

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPad Air and absolutely love it! It's replaced my laptop since everything I did on my laptop is an app available for the iPad. Plus it's lighter, easier to transport and the battery lasts way longer.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The iPad 4's CPU is getting pretty long in the tooth now. Fortunately, with the iPads (and tablets in general) the hardware has far outpaced the software so there aren't a lot of apps, besides a few high end games, that take advantage of the fastest hardware. As long as you aren't looking to be a heavy gamer, the iPad 4 still performs quite well in 2015.

iOS 9 has little difficulty running on older hardware. My experience on my 5th gen iPod Touch has generally been more positive on iOS 9 than it was on iOS 8.

SoxfaninFL

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I love my new iPad Air 2. I love the screen size and the battery life too. Not that my iPhone 6s Plus doesn't have a good battery, but the iPad has a great battery.

I also love the split screen which is not available to most of the other iPads on sale right now. I know it's only available to the Air 2, iPad mini 4 and the iPad Pro. Plus my iPhone doesn't have this feature.

I also love my iPad for watching movies over watching them on my iPhone.

Agristiano

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
I came down from iPad Air 2 to iPad 4 (9.2.1), yes..it has tiny lag when I play Marvel Champion or Dead Trigger 2, but overall its still an "OK" device in 2016...

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I would say if you already have an iPad 4 in 2016 then you're probably doing alright. But going forward I feel it will start to show it's age. I would recommend at minimum going with the Air 2, personally.

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I use a 4th Gen iPad as my primary travel computer and for work to view PDF documents. While I am personally going to get a new iPad Pro before the end of the year my current one still is good. If you are getting it for under $200 or less if used I'd say its a good deal still. The machine runs iOS 9.3 smoothly and the only gripe I have that comes up often is the lack of RAM in safari. With more than a few tabs open in safari, pages reload constantly when returning to them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro