Is the iPad Mini a good device? I'm thinking of buying one.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: iTablet =P

One could say you're unfriendly to anyone who isn't a devout Apple fan. Every single time you've responded to my posts, you've been nothing but negative.

One would be wrong. How was I negative about your choice of underoos? I simply pointed out that you appeared to be awfully sensitive about them.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
One could say you're unfriendly to anyone who isn't a devout Apple fan. Every single time you've responded to my posts, you've been nothing but negative.

Actually, I came in to this forum being a massive android lover. I don't think the people here attack me for having an Android, Windows phone, or BlackBerry either. =]

It's when people come in to intentionally bash with prejudice that others get upset. I've pointed out issues I've had with my iPhone, did everyone attack me? No.

Why? Because I'm being very open and honest about all the devices/OS I have without having to bash anything to prove a point.

I also think running around calling people fanboys/fangirls doesn't help a situation either.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

Channan

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I came in to this forum being a massive android lover. I don't think the people here attack me for having an Android, Windows phone, or BlackBerry either. =]

It's when people come in to intentionally bash with prejudice that others get upset. I've pointed out issues I've had with my iPhone, did everyone attack me? No.

Why? Because I'm being very open and honest about all the devices/OS I have without having to bash anything to prove a point.

I also think running around calling people fanboys/fangirls doesn't help a situation either.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

Nobody here attacks me for using Android either. Hank is the only person who's been consistently rude every time he replies to my posts. It's not just this thread. Actually this thread was pretty mild. It's been several others before this though.

But you're right. It is when people bash with prejudice that annoys me, like the first comment I responded to: "once you use iOS you'll never go back to Android!" Because nobody ever preferred Android over iOS.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi!

I think on getting an iPad, probably the Mini.
Does anyone know if they are good? (Maybe the hardware is different, I am totally oblivious to that, as I am a fairly new iUser. I do have a tablet, though. But an old Android one which is getting tired).

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Get at least an iPad Mini 2 with the 64 bit A7 SoC and high resolution display.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
And for the " is better than R2D2", to each their own, I say.
I LOVE VWs, not everyone does.
Personnal preference =P

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Lightingguy55

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't get the legacy Mini, get at least a Mini 2 if available, or better yet a 3.

I recently traded my original Mini 16 gig WiFi back to Apple for $75, picked up a refurbished Air 32 gig WiFi for $389 minus the trade. I'm a big fan of buying the almost next and best thing, and would only buy refurbished from Apple as it gets a new screen and battery as well as one year Apple warranty.

The Air is much, much faster and solved all the lagginess the Mini was starting to exhibit, Safari crashing, etc.... The faster processor in the Mini 3 or larger Air or Air 2 will see you thru a couple of Apple upgrades thru iOS 9 and beyond.

As well, the Air form factor is only a bit heavier then the Mini, I only notice the add'l size and weight when holding with one hand and reading. Retina IS an improvement and I like the larger 10" tablet keyboard, finding it more accurate when typing. As well, when surfing the web, pressing on links is more accurate on the larger screen.

Lightingguy55

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Note that they ship only the refurbished units, no refurbished in the stores, but it was 2 days, so no big deal. Plus after a backup on iTunes, the Air was up and running with everything from my Mini, in about 40 minutes,mincludingnthe iOS update. Apple at its best, IMO.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2