Does the iPad on Verizon require a two year contact to activate with a data plan?

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Does the iPad on Verizon require a two year contact to activate with a data plan?

Or can the data plan be dropped any time and the iPad used on wifi only?

Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it, but I don't know for certain. Call them up and ask.
Or visit the VZW web site... I think they may do pre-paid iPad service... T-Mobile has data only iPad plans that have a small amount of free data every month and an ability to pay as you go for more...

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I visited the website. It showed both a prepaid plan and data plan.
I can't tell if they require a two year contact for the data plan.

I'm asking for a friend that has an iPad on a data plan currently. But they never use the iPad.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
If they buy it at a discounted price, it requires a contract for 2 years.
If they buy it a full price, then it does not require a contract.

If you are activating an existing (already purchased iPad), then the data plan can be added and dropped at will as needed.

nbomar1

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
When I bought my iPads from Verizon they didn't offer a subsidized plan for iPads. You had to pay the full retail costs. You could then turn the data on and off without the worry of a contract. I'm sure there are connection fees, but I have 4 company iPads on Verizon and none are on contract.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I think Verizon gives $100 off with a two year contract. Which is a rip off considering you will be paying $240 over the course of 2 years for Verizon to give you a $100 discount. And of course they have various "deals" when you purchase an iPhone and iPad together. How did the OP purchase their iPad? That will give the answer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl