iCloud storage space

Christine Webb

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I paid for more iCloud space for my iPad yesterday on my credit card. Nothing happened since then & the not enough space message is still showing. Please help!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Where are you short of space?

Settings...Usage... Storage... that's your device...
Settings...Usage... iCloud... that's that...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I paid for more iCloud space for my iPad yesterday on my credit card. Nothing happened since then & the not enough space message is still showing. Please help!
Although you can buy more iCloud storage space, you can not buy more internal storage space for the iPad. They are 2 different things. If you are short of space on your phone, you need to delete some things like apps, music or photos and videos. You can use cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive to store photos and videos. Then delete them from your camera roll.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Although you can buy more iCloud storage space, you can not buy more internal storage space for the iPad. They are 2 different things. If you are short of space on your phone, you need to delete some things like apps, music or photos and videos. You can use cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive to store photos and videos. Then delete them from your camera roll.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I don't get why people pay for iCloud when there is free options that give you more space . I currently have 50gb of storage for life on box , 50gb of storage for 2 years on drop box and 100gb of storage on one drive for 2 years and all for free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't get why people pay for iCloud when there is free options that give you more space . I currently have 50gb of storage for life on box , 50gb of storage for 2 years on drop box and 100gb of storage on one drive for 2 years and all for free.

Yeah, I kind of agree. But you're looking at it from a storage point of view. Some have a lot on their phone other than photos. Like apps, for example. Big apps that take over 1 gb of storage space. So we're talking about backing up what's on the phone rather than storing photos in Dropbox. And sometimes a back up can take more than 5 gb. But you're right that some buy more space just for storage, when they can use cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. Box only offers 10 gb. The 50 gb was a special deal. I got that too.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I kind of agree. But you're looking at it from a storage point of view. Some have a lot on their phone other than photos. Like apps, for example. Big apps that take over 1 gb of storage space. So we're talking about backing up what's on the phone rather than storing photos in Dropbox. And sometimes a back up can take more than 5 gb. But you're right that some buy more space just for storage, when they can use cloud based apps like Box, Dropbox and OneDrive. Box only offers 10 gb. The 50 gb was a special deal. I got that too.

I got it from box years ago like during the iPhone 4 days . I'm not a huge Apple user and my iPad if my only Apple device so perhaps maybe that's why I under value iCloud and prefer third party software.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I got it from box years ago like during the iPhone 4 days . I'm not a huge Apple user and my iPad if my only Apple device so perhaps maybe that's why I under value iCloud and prefer third party software.

I only use iCloud to back up what is currently on my phone. That includes photos, Contacts, notes and other stuff. Most of my photos, videos, gifs, wallpapers and documents I put in the cloud apps for storage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2