Any cases similar to the iPad Air Smart Case?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently using a black iPad Air Smart Case $80.00 until I can find something similar but a lot cheaper.

I posted a screenshot, I like how the Apple Smart Case protects the entire iPad, it goes all away around, leave no openings. So that shiny trimming that goes all away around the iPad is covered. I need something like that. You can by the arrows. The black case at the bottom is what I don't want, you can see the left side is opened.

I have a Thule Atmos X3 case my 5s and it gives great protection but I barely know its there, is really thing. I don't know if any iPad cases are like that or not?

Does anyone know of any cases like this? I have a 5yr old that uses my iPad a lot so I get extremely nervous, but I use it as well. However I forbid to use some ballistic case that a solider would use.

Any help is appreciated. - Thanks

case.pngarrow.jpg

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Fintie iPad Air 2 Slimshell case

The sides are opened. Not what I'm looking for. If you see my screenshots above, look at the arrows. The case covers all sides of the iPad Air.

BTW, I don't have an iPad Air 2, it's the OG. I also had that Fintie case you posted, its junk and it doesn't cover all sides.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Check out the JETech case on amazon. The bottom case does cover the sides of the iPad. I had one on my iPad Air and bought another for someone. It functions pretty well, but I prefer the Apple leather case more.

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Check out the JETech case on amazon. The bottom case does cover the sides of the iPad. I had one on my iPad Air and bought another for someone. It functions pretty well, but I prefer the Apple leather case more.

I need a case the covers all sides. The case you posted does not.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Finding cases that have all sides covered (excluding the Smart Case) are extremely rare to find. Most companies leave some sides open. I'll keep looking though.

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I think so. It seems to be cheaper on the Speck site - 41.99 - unless Fushia is your color choice.

Yeah the black is cheaper on Specks website, $41, compared to $51 on Amazon. I chose Amazon because I have a credit card with them. I can't seem to find this "Speck DuraFolio iPad Air case" anywhere except on the official site and Amazon. Do you know if Best Buy or any other retail stores sell them? I'd like to pick one up instead of getting one mailed.

And if anyone else has some suggestions about cases please let me know.

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I've seen them at Samsclub, a Verizon store and Staples. If you want the sleep function, make sure to get the Durafolio and not the Stylefolio, which does not have the sleep function on the Air case.

IMO, they are great protective cases, but they do weigh more and are a tad more bulkier than the Apple case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2