A new ipad after two years

davenpj

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My mother got me a iPad 4 being 2 years this Christmas never have many problems! I'm eyeing the iPad mini with retina which has same CPU as 5s right???? I want a iPad mini for when I want to use something smaller or on the go! Is the iPad mini with retina still as good when it came out ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

misanthropic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I'm using iPad mini with retina from january 2014 and i didn't encountered any problems since now. I'm a heavy user and streesed the hell out this device and got no crashes or problems.
I mainly use it with an apple keyboard and the experience is great.
The idea when i bought this tablet was to use it as a laptop replacement (i know it sounds ridiculous) but it worked great. With an app called splashtop 2 and a good connection to the internet i'm able to connect to my desktop at home and have a pretty powerfull machine at my disposal on the go.
Other than that... the battery life is great, with bluetooth activated non-stop, brightness always set atleast at 60% and almost always connected to my desktop at home it lasts all day with no problems.

So from my point of view this little piece of machinery is awesome and can take almost anything you throw at it.

davenpj

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I'm using iPad mini with retina from january 2014 and i didn't encountered any problems since now. I'm a heavy user and streesed the hell out this device and got no crashes or problems.
I mainly use it with an apple keyboard and the experience is great.
The idea when i bought this tablet was to use it as a laptop replacement (i know it sounds ridiculous) but it worked great. With an app called splashtop 2 and a good connection to the internet i'm able to connect to my desktop at home and have a pretty powerfull machine at my disposal on the go.
Other than that... the battery life is great, with bluetooth activated non-stop, brightness always set atleast at 60% and almost always connected to my desktop at home it lasts all day with no problems.

So from my point of view this little piece of machinery is awesome and can take almost anything you throw at it.

Is this your first ipad???

davenpj

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Just asking do you see any major differences between the full size ipad besides screen ? More like performance

misanthropic

May 14, 2014
Visit site
My fiancee has the iPad Air, so i've played on both of them.
In my opinion there is no difference between the two tablets beside the screen size. Personally i've chosen the iPad mini because i take the tablet almost everywhere.. with the iPad Air it's kinda hard to take it everywhere... not because it's too heavy (like ipad 2), but because of the screen. It's too large for me... i can't handle it well with one hand, i always have the impression i'm gonna drop it and then i will be killed by the owner. :p :))

If you want portability go for iPad mini.

Last edited: