Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: How long do you wait before getting a new iPad?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Fraser View Post
    I am about to get a new iPad in October when the new models come out. This will replace my iPad 3 rd gen. But I need to know...does putting my Apple ID and password in the new device immediately transfer all my data from the old device to the new one? If not, how do I go about doing that?
    First thing is to make sure you’ve backed up all the data you wish to keep, either on the iOS device using iCloud backup or on your PC-MAC using itunes etc, make sure you’ve highlighted the items you want to back in the iCloud section, contacts, calendar, safari or anything else.

Once that’s done you can sign into any other Ios device with your apple id(icloud) and it should all beam back into the new device, it should take too long 10-15 mins depending on your connection-signal speed

i do it most years and touch wood the contacts stay, the Photos app is now better at it as well
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts

Default Re: How long do you wait before getting a new iPad?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Fraser View Post
    I am about to get a new iPad in October when the new models come out. This will replace my iPad 3 rd gen. But I need to know...does putting my Apple ID and password in the new device immediately transfer all my data from the old device to the new one? If not, how do I go about doing that?
    If you back your iPad up to iCloud and then restore your future iPad from that backup, then yes. But if you have more than 5GB worth of stuff to back up, you'll need to pay extra for more iCloud storage. The best and fastest way to restore it would be through iTunes on a computer.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123