Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: How long do you wait before getting a new iPad?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Fraser View Post
    I am about to get a new iPad in October when the new models come out. This will replace my iPad 3 rd gen. But I need to know...does putting my Apple ID and password in the new device immediately transfer all my data from the old device to the new one? If not, how do I go about doing that?
    First thing is to make sure you’ve backed up all the data you wish to keep, either on the iOS device using iCloud backup or on your PC-MAC using itunes etc, make sure you’ve highlighted the items you want to back in the iCloud section, contacts, calendar, safari or anything else.

Once that’s done you can sign into any other Ios device with your apple id(icloud) and it should all beam back into the new device, it should take too long 10-15 mins depending on your connection-signal speed

i do it most years and touch wood the contacts stay, the Photos app is now better at it as well
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    756 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Fraser View Post
    I am about to get a new iPad in October when the new models come out. This will replace my iPad 3 rd gen. But I need to know...does putting my Apple ID and password in the new device immediately transfer all my data from the old device to the new one? If not, how do I go about doing that?
    If you back your iPad up to iCloud and then restore your future iPad from that backup, then yes. But if you have more than 5GB worth of stuff to back up, you'll need to pay extra for more iCloud storage. The best and fastest way to restore it would be through iTunes on a computer.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

I won an iPad first gen through work and had it for a few years. I sold it for an iPad mini first gen when it came out and still have it. I'll probably wait for the next iPads to come out to see what I'm upgrading to. I like the mini but also like the size of the iPad Air and may get the next one that is released.
    iMore Newbie

I have an iPad Air.My first iPad.Have had it since December 2013.Intend to have it for a while.Awesome tablet.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    350 Global Posts

I went from the original iPad, then iPad 2, iPad mini and now I have the iPad Air 2. So I upgrade quite a lot lol
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lyle123 View Post
    I have an iPad Air.My first iPad.Have had it since December 2013.Intend to have it for a while.Awesome tablet.
    Excellent feelings right?
    iMore Newbie

I love my iPad Air, and have no plans to upgrade anytime soon. It is truly an awesome device.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts

I get a new iPad every year through my job. However, if I were paying for them I wouldn't upgrade unless I started to see some major performance issues. For what I use my iPad for, I really could keep it and be happy for a few years. I will say this, I know a lot of people that get a new one every year because they are able to sell their old iPad and get a lot of money back to use to put against the cost of a new iPad. So they end up paying just a fraction of the cost every year. And they are always current then. Great thing about Apple products is that the resale value is pretty high.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,288 Global Posts

I really love my Air 2 and wasn't planning on upgrading except my husband would like totake advantage of the multitasking features coming up with IOS 9, so he would like to get my Air 2... Which means I'll be getting the newest one, hehehe...
    Macbook 2012 - iTouch 5th gen - iPad Air 2, 128 GB - iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB. Purrrrrrfection.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,947 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evilguppy View Post
    I really love my Air 2 and wasn't planning on upgrading except my husband would like totake advantage of the multitasking features coming up with IOS 9, so he would like to get my Air 2... Which means I'll be getting the newest one, hehehe...
    You are lucky.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Evilguppy likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,288 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doctordwaynewilliams View Post
    You are lucky.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    Ridiculously so.
    Macbook 2012 - iTouch 5th gen - iPad Air 2, 128 GB - iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB. Purrrrrrfection.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123