Anyone get a 16 GB model iPad?

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
If so why did and how is for you?

For me I had to get one because I had <$500 to spend. It works me though because I keep all my music on my iPhone, don't put movies on it because I rarely ever find myself in a situation where I'd want to use my iPad for an entire movie, and the only game(s) I play (which aren't very many) that is over 500mb is Modern Combat 4.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like the size meets your needs well it's the reason they make varies sizes for all applications

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I did choose the 32GB models of the Air and Mini but could have chosen the 16GB models and been fine me thinks. 16GB can still be quite a lot of space, especially for a tablet.

via the tablet

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Since there are many cloud storage option out there. Getting a 16 GB model can be suitable.

I have a 16 GB Cellular Air and with itunes match and other cloud apps. I've been OK with mine..

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe that I'd be fine with a 16gb tablet, my 32gb iPad is rarely close to being full unless I'm just loading movies and games for travel.

GusHerb94

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Anyone get a 16 gb?

I chose cellular over extra storage, so I have a 16 gig Air w Cellular.
I don't have a problem keeping it from getting full, music is all streamed as well as video content.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
As always, depends on your needs.

When I got my iPad last year, I was debating between a 16 or 32GB model. I'm glad I got the 32GB as I've come close to filling it up a few times, and this isn't even with movies on it.

Games take up a lot of space (XCOM Enemy Unknown alone takes over 3GB!). Feature rich non-game apps also take up a lot of space (the iWork/iLife apps are good space hogs). Throw in a music collection and 5 pages worth of apps and it fills up quick. I don't store music in the cloud as I can't easily access as well as when it's local (on planes or hotels when travelling).

AJGolf1976

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
My first iPad was a 16 and it was rough. But this was a few years ago. Today, with all of the cloud storage available and iTunes Match for my music, 16 works fine. The only downside is I normally can only have one movie downloaded for offline viewing at a time, but even the need to watch offline is few and far between nowadays with wifi so prevalent.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

MacintoshDan

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have a 16 GB AT&T Air. I can live with it, this year I'm getting the 32GB.

Sent from my Space Gray 16 GB AT&T iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPad 2 that I had was a 16BG model and the storage size was not a problem for me. I currently have a 64 GB model iPad Mini and I have a ton of games on it for my youngest son to play. With that exception, a 16 GB model is sufficient for my usage.

peterjmorgan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I've just ordered a 16GB Cellular model from Three (in the UK) I might have had 32GB just to have the space, but 16GB is honestly enough. I tend to just get email, browse the web, watch YouTube and listen to Spotify; none of which requires any long-term storage per se.

Quite a good deal from Three actually, getting a 16GB iPad Air in White & Silver (no choice here in storage or colour) for ?29/month over 24 months and only ?19 up front. It was an offer for existing Three customers and gives me 15GB of DC-HSDPA & 4G data transfer per month.

three-ipad-air-order-confirmation.png

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
If I didn't travel as much as I do, 16GB would probably be fine. My iPad 3 is 32GB & my rMini is 128GB. I travel with the rMini & keep tons of books, magazines & movies on it.

quotientstech

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I got a 16 gig for two reasons:

1. I have a small business and need to be very price conscious.
2. I have over 200 GB of cloud storage via various accounts so the physical hardware is not a big issue for me

NeilWhitear

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I have a 16GB iPad Mini Retina and a 32GB iPad Air, personally I use the Air for putting films on as it has a bigger screen and the Mini is used mainly for daily apps.

With the advent of the cloud, my music is streamed and all my documents are stored on my home NAS.

Unless you are away from your desktop for long periods of time, I cannot see the need to spend the extra for anything larger than 32GB.

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had a 16 GB that work gave me and it has stayed full. I just picked up a New 128 GB with Cell at Fry's for $499. It was Store Pickup only but my girlfriend is traveling in Texas and they had a Black one in Austin! :biggrin:

Needless to say I am stoked for the upgrade and being on Verizon's Share Everything plan I can add the tablet for $10 a month!

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the 128 GB Verizon iPad Air.
I have an unspeakable amount of work and school related stuff on it, as well as photos and videos.
I travel all the time for work and play, I only take my tablet with me, the laptop stays home.

Jeff0575

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I thought about the 16 GB just from a price point but the 64 to me seemed to be the better to me I would rather have a little to much than not enough. Figured if I was gonna buy one I would pay a little more for future uses. And space.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I got a 16 GB because at the time, I didn't have enough money for anything more. I do wish I would have waited until I had enough to get a 32, because those, for me, have plenty of space. The main reason I am still contemplating buying an iPad Mini 3 is because I want more storage. Otherwise, I wouldn't even be thinking to buy a Mini 3 if my Mini 2 had 32 GB to begin with. :)

svelt

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Cloud and connectivity is becoming the norm now. 6GB data plans are quite common and tethering/mobile hotspot transforms a Wi-fi iPad into a connected iPad anywhere. I used to have a huge offline music collection but I just stream what I want nowadays through various services that are available. Don't take photos with my iPad and don't store more than 1 or 2 movies at a time for the road (Netflix whenever I have Wifi)

Really the only limitation with the 16GB is the amount of apps you can have. A couple of high-res games will eat up that space quickly, but so long as you don't have too many of them at once you should be fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro