Do I really need an iPad since I already have an iPhone?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you have the budget for it, I don't see why not...

But if you don't, you would be fine with the iPhone even with serious work.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
They serve two different purposes..

At first, I had the same thoughts...until I had them both. The iPad fits in between the phone & laptop or desktop. It serves as a bridge between the two.

Obviously, it's a bigger screen.. And the screen real estate it has provides better or quicker navigation. Especially with targeted apps geared for the iPad.

I would say you'll never know the difference until you actually use both.

LOL...... Kind of the reverse for me.......I thought the iPad would fit in between my Mac and iPhone until work forced me to buy an iPad. Then I realized that using the iPhone is just fine. The iPad served no logical purpose for me and to this day I claim my employer wasted money providing me with an iPad. Goes to show that it's a tricky question to ask. Only the individual can answer it.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have both, and a Macbook Pro Retina ... I find that I actually under use my iPad since the iPhone is always with me and it's quicker to type things out on my Macbook Pro .. However when I make a effort to use the iPad it has proven to be a fantastic device. So I will agree with those above, if it's in the budget why not :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This thread is still going

Ok I have a tablet which is a go between but since it's on a different operation system it serves a completely different function and I reach for it when I'm in the entertaining mood or when company comes by I can do without it but would miss it if it wasn't around 😑

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

WildCatStud333

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the thread is still going. LOL
I really want one but I don't need one so I decided to wait when I actually have a good reason to get one. If I get one I'll get it off Groupon they have some good deals on the iPad 4 right now.

Tapped out on my iPhone 5S

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say that it depends on what you want to use the iPad for. I use my iPad Air as a laptop replacement. I have the Belkin Qode bluetooth keyboard case and it turns my iPad into a very productive machine. I also have an iPad Mini Retina that I use for a lot of multimedia.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I use my iPad air all the time. When I'm at home it it generally all I use.

I have an iPad Mini Retina as well as the Air. After putting my Air in the Zagg keyboard case, I don't really use the Mini when at home as much. Before, I was just using the Air at home. I don't know how I'm going to split time between the two. I guess it is a good problem to have though :)

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPad Mini Retina as well as the Air. After putting my Air in the Zagg keyboard case, I don't really use the Mini when at home as much. Before, I was just using the Air at home. I don't know how I'm going to split time between the two. I guess it is a good problem to have though :)

When the battery dies in my rMini I use the Air and vice versa. I figure they batteries should last 2x as long that way.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Why not if you willing to spend extra cash? If you like playing games or watching videos, ipad is better suited for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mirza Atif

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Totally Agreed with *dkhmwilliams. Why? Because that depends on your requirement ,or replacement that you want to. To minimize your compilation you have to use iPhone just. One of my friend use iPhone,but don't need iPad for other purposes. if it would be me, i will surely so same as dkhmwilliams...

fanfanfan

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
This a choice you can make , what you needs more :) , ipad is better for reading , watching videos ,do some work ,but i dont know , its best if you can allow the both :)

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Once you read a book, browse the web, or use a really good tablet optimized app on an iPad you'll either want to buy one ASAP or you'll never want to give yours up.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

morreke

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I just bought an ipad mini, and I also have an iPhone 5s and MacBook Pro. I mainly bought the mini to take with me on a 9 month trip to Asia. It's good for watching some movies and reading books. Since I'm using the mini I got used to that bigger screen. It's so weird working with my iPhone now. I am seriously thinking of selling my iPhone now and buying the most simple phone on the market. The only thing I will miss is runkeeper and maybe the quick uses during waiting but that's something I will get used to I guess :)

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I would still buy one if the opportunity arises. I'd still use both equally.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

wiseyou

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Each has its own use. I carry a iPhone 5, an iPad Air, and a Mac Pro laptop. I travel a lot and carry all three with me. The iPhone is always in my pocket, the iPad and Mac Pro in my backpack. Each serve important functions. My iPhone is for calls and when I don't have my backpack. My iPad is when I don't have access to power and need to do serious work, like on an airplane or in a restaurant. My Mac Pro is when I have power and table to work.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Ludatyk

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I just bought an ipad mini, and I also have an iPhone 5s and MacBook Pro. I mainly bought the mini to take with me on a 9 month trip to Asia. It's good for watching some movies and reading books. Since I'm using the mini I got used to that bigger screen. It's so weird working with my iPhone now. I am seriously thinking of selling my iPhone now and buying the most simple phone on the market. The only thing I will miss is runkeeper and maybe the quick uses during waiting but that's something I will get used to I guess :)

I actually had a set up like that.

As far as having a dumb phone & an iPad. I had an iPad 3 and a dumb phone for a year. I used the iPad 3 for text & internet while using the dumb phone for obviously phone calling. It was cool and all, but then having the iPhone & iPad compliments each other very well.

I currently have a 5s and Air, both jailbroken... it's an awesome set up.

prisci14

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I have this question too. I am also debating on whether I need an Ipad. I am really considering one since I travel often with my laptop. Lugging around a heavy bag will take it's toll on my small back sooner or later being that I am very petite. Whenever I commute back and forth from NYC with my laptop, I get tired at the end of the day. Since I'm going to be working, I need to lighten my load.