Why are iPads on EBay selling for more than the Apple store?

SWFLFFPM

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I was browsing EBay and noticed iPads are selling for more than the retail price in the Apple store. Plus some of them are used selling for more than retail. I am talking about identical configurations.

I know they are good tablets-my wife has one-but what am I missing?

drojas4

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
They are hoping that they would be sold out,in stores and that someone would over pay to get one.
The problem is that you never know, the seller could be a con man,
And sell you a defective tablet.
Good luck trying to return a defective iPad on eBay.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
People many times do not do their research. They get into a bidding frenzy without thinking. Now I know the older generation apple TVs go for way more than retail because they can be jailbroken and the 3rd gen can't.

lexus232

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
They are hoping that they would be sold out,in stores and that someone would over pay to get one.

I wouldn't advice to buy expensive electronics on eBay either. I bought a refurbished Alienware 14 for 1100 pounds and it arrived with a defective screen. I was very lucky that seller turned out to be an honest person and I got a full refund after I returned Alienware back to him. That was a lesson for me.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If the seller has a return period listed this shouldn't be an issue. I never make any electronic purchases from eBay that can't be returned for any reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner