Using Tapatalk on my iPhone, so no actual poll. But request for thoughts.
Dropped my iPad 2 (32 GB, 3G) on the subway today, and the screen is a web of cracks.
1. Get it replaced at the Apple Store for $249;
2. Treat this as a sign from the heavens that it's time to upgrade to...
2a. An iPad Air or
2b. An iPad Mini Retina; or
3. Retire from the tablet business altogether until drop-proof tablets make their advent.
- 11-25-2013, 12:29 PM #2
- 11-25-2013, 12:53 PM #3
- 11-25-2013, 01:51 PM #4
- 11-25-2013, 02:23 PM #6
Re: Snap poll
Was in the process of sitting down on a moving subway, and the thing just slipped from my hands and opened up and face-planted on the floor from three-four feet up.
I'd already dented one of the corners, so that may have disrupted its ability simply to disperse the force/energy of the drop...
Chose to go with a 128 GB LTE iPad Air and a blue smart cover. Looks very sharp.
And got AppleCare+. I've learnt my lesson!
- 11-25-2013, 04:46 PM #8
- 11-27-2013, 10:18 PM #9
- 11-27-2013, 10:27 PM #10
- 12-04-2013, 06:01 PM #11
- 12-10-2013, 07:09 AM #12
Re: Snap poll
I'm not sure spending 1125 or so on an ipad is a great choice (which it is if you add up the cover, tax, and applecare). I like the ipad air for its screen, some games, but it's too limited or redundant for that price. If you get an iphone sized subsidy, then it's more tolerable but still borderline.
For all the hoopla over which to get, I decided to keep my old Mini and not get either one.
- 12-10-2013, 10:53 AM #13
- 12-11-2013, 05:10 AM #14
- 12-27-2013, 10:49 PM #15
- By sanibel in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 29Last Post: 12-24-2013, 03:03 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 11-25-2013, 11:57 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 11-24-2013, 10:49 AM
- By jsntrenkler in forum iOS 7Replies: 3Last Post: 11-21-2013, 03:29 PM
- By jsntrenkler in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-21-2013, 12:24 PM