Best way to get iPad books?

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I stick to Amazon Kindle, but I use iDevices, Android devices, Windows devices, and an actual Kindle. The library is the biggest and the sync across devices works great.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
[warn]
[redacted], and many other sites that have links to pdf files for books

We are now taking a ZERO TOLERANCE to piracy discussion. Any discussion of any pirated material will result in a immediate and permanent ban from iMore forums.

Thanks for understanding.
[/warn]

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I get most of my e books on Amazon. I have a few Nook books but I use a Paperwhite mainly for reading. Amazon has great deals on e books.

#Naked Tuesday

snookasnoo

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I use iBooks and the Kindle app. I also use ePubs from other sources and PDFs with the iBooks app. You can back them up by syncing your iPad with iTunes. I have a ton of technical documents on my iPad in PDF format.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scallops

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I solely use iBooks and have never not found what I want. I just feel more comfortable "keeping it in the family", so to speak. 😀

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I usually use the Kindle app as my reader, but I also like iBooks and the Kobo apps. Also have the odd book through Google Play Books.

All of these work nicely on the iPad. It's an all-of-the-above reading device.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Marvin App is awesome and for study GoodReader ;)
Books can be bought online from many pages and there are free public libraries as ROSES5682 mentioned :)

anon8196564

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I only use the kindle app, I think this because I had a nexus 7 before my iPad mini so I was used to it. I never really got into iBooks.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
For me, you need an iPad to enjoy iBooks, it is the definitive reading device and having the native iBooks app on it is all you really need for reading, that is if you can swallow Apple's slightly higher prices...;p

But if you have the Amazon Kindle app on there too, and alternate between the two, I think you will be a happy camper. And you wouldn't want to only buy from one store, just because you don't want to fully put your purchasing power solely in their hands...

Analyss14

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Marvin App is awesome and for study GoodReader ;)
Books can be bought online from many pages and there are free public libraries as ROSES5682 mentioned :)

I love the Marvin app. I use the Kindle app on my iPad for light reading but when I travel I stick to the Paperwhite for my reading, except for magazines. I have a lot of magazine subscriptions and for that I use Marvin to read them all. Works great for pdfs and epubs.

For books, I shop almost exclusively at Amazon, though on occasion I rent through my local library. For magazines I either buy straight from the publisher and get epub or pdf links or from a site like Weightless Books.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I use Kindle simply because I device swap so often, and my wife has a regular Kindle e-reader. So books we buy are available on all our devices.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I download books from Flipkart(just like Amazon) and read it on iPad

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums