How do you like your iPad Pro? Worth it?

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
At first I was hesitant and thought that the iPad pro was too big.. After seeing it, playing with it, and the look of it.. Totally has changed my mind...
If you picked on up how do you like it? satisfied? worth it?
Looking for something light weight- currently have a macbook pro retina but it be nice to travel with something smaller and lighter in weight.... Love to her your reviews

Last edited:

Nursedad

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
What do you love and use it for?

Like others...I'm loving mine. Current uses:

- Media Consumption: (beautiful screen and very powerful hardware make this a dream media consumption device.
- Note taking: At work, I'm in a plethora of meetings. I use the pro to take handwritten / typed notes and also to review and annotate work documents
- Research: In addition to work, I'm also working on my MBA. I use the pro to conduct research and annotate
- Journaling
- Basic communication: Email / Slack / iMessage
- Photo Editing: The pencil enables the ability to fine-tune images with ease. Several applications out there that take advantage of this capability

These are the main ones for me now. I'm sure other use cases will develop over time as applications are developed to take advantage of the Pro.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Awesome, I just checked out your review... very nice... What do you love about it most and use it for?

Hey,

Thanks for the kind words; I use it mostly for coding (Coda) and watching videos (training), plus browsing lot of resources. I have also started reading books on it (part of my tech skills upgrade). What I love the most is the screen size and the multitasking - juggling two things simultaneously is the killer - better than on any Mac that I have used.

It is currently my primary device.

Cheers!

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I currently use my macbook pro retina ... I have an iPad mini 4 but honestly its too small and i prob use my phone more , def looking for something more portable

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
5 days and it's wonderful. Poor MacBook Pro has been neglected.

And the look people make when they see it for the first time is too funny.

BobR1908

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I use it for work on spreadsheets, reading/replying to email - I find the software keyboard on landscape is great, I can almost type on it as fast as I do a normal one. I also use it for media consumption and some photo and movie editing too. Truly a great device and in my opinion so much more than just a "bigger iPad"

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I am on the fence due to the size of the pro I hope the air 3 has the same specs or better.

Yeah, the ginormous size is a mixed blessing. While I love the screen real estate I sometimes wish it were smaller. The Pro is more of a stationary at-home type device for me, I'm thinking. I may just get an iPad Mini 4 to complement it for those times when "ginormous" is not what I need or want. ...and a mini would be a perfect fit for carrying around at work to replace paper for note-taking (see how I'm trying to rationalize getting yet another iPad ).

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
The iPad is at the local Federal Express office. Rang up Federal Express to she if the iPad could be picked up before Wednesday. I was told no. Federal Express sure is fussy about pickets.

The peeps at the post office will let peeps pick up items if the item is at the post office even if it is before the actual delivery due date.

groberts1980

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Love my iPad Pro. Combine it with the Logitech Create keyboard and it is a laptop replacement for many things. I don't own a laptop anymore, I am able to use my iPad Pro for everything.

kjung7

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Loving it, great for watching media and also great for typing especially when paired with the Smart Keyboard. It seemed really big at first, but you get used to the size. Portability is still good, but not as good as the iPad Air 2.