Auto Correct on iPad Pro Smart Keyboard?

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I did some searching around and have yet to find a way on how to turn auto-correct on for the Smart Keyboard similar to what the Macs have with their keyboards? Anybody know how to do this?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't own an iPad but it should be similar to the iPhone just go to Settings>General>keyboard and you should have the option to toggle off the auto correction

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
But the thing is I want to turn ON the auto-correct for my iPad hardware keyboard. But it does not give me the option.

pjforest

May 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi bigdad84

I have exactly the same issue, see my post below from Wednesday in a separate thread....

Hi, I got my "Smart" keyboard yesterday and was disappointed to find that some of the "smart" functionality such as 'Auto- capitalisation ' and ' Auto-correct' were removed!!
I logged a case with Apple support and after over an hour on the phone they could not even agree whether this was a fault or a feature (one agent said that the keyboard did not offer this functionality!!).
Not very "smart" in my view😕

pjforest

May 23, 2015
Visit site
My second post on that problem.....

OK, I just tried an old logitech bluetooth keboard (not the Create) and I have the same problem - auto-correct / auto-caps not working.
So I tried it on my iPad AIR to see if it was an iPad Pro issue - it seems not, I got the same issues on the Air.
Am I the only one bothered by this ? I thought that the Auto-correct function was a pretty good tool when I am typing.
any thoughts ? (notice the keyboard didnt auto cap the start of this sentence, and didn't correct my didnt) 😉

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the opposite problem, I want to turn off Auto-Correct or should I say Auto-Incorrect. I find iOS changing complete words that I type on my keyboard to something totally different. It is annoying! Secondly, I think apple should give the option to turn it off or on in your case for hardware keyboards separately in the settings so if you do need to use the onscreen keyboard auto correct is enabled when using the touch screen keyboard. Anyway, I would rate this issue as nit-picking but when we spend our hard earned dollars on these accessories they should work as we expect them to. And please Apple get us some illuminated keys on the next release! Cheers!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711