iPad case question

Sandwhichx

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I know there's already a lot of threads with case questions, so sorry in advance!

I'm looking for a case with a magnetic front, but where it will also magnetically stick to the back. If that makes any sense. I'm down to get the apple Smart Cover and the case to go along with it but I just want to make sure the Smart Cover will magnetically stick to the back of the iPad - with or without the case - before I get it. I just hate when the front cover flaps around behind the tablet when I'm holding it!

The guy at Best Buy said the Smart Cover would not magnetize to the back of the iPad but he was using a Samsung galaxy s7 edge so idk how much he really knows lol. I figured my best chance at getting a really knowledgeable answer is from people who have used it.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
As far as I know the apple Smart Cover will only cover the front. If you need to cover the back your going to have to get a cover for the back. Separately this can be expensive. When I had the 9.7" iPad Pro I used a speck case which covered the front and back and had speaker vents. It protected the iPad really good but I was using a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard. Now that I have the big iPad I am using a Targus case which is like putting 2 iPads on top of each other. It's that thick.

Sorry for going on too much but I wish you luck with your search. Maybe someone else can give you a better answer than I did.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I know there's already a lot of threads with case questions, so sorry in advance!

I'm looking for a case with a magnetic front, but where it will also magnetically stick to the back. If that makes any sense. I'm down to get the apple Smart Cover and the case to go along with it but I just want to make sure the Smart Cover will magnetically stick to the back of the iPad - with or without the case - before I get it. I just hate when the front cover flaps around behind the tablet when I'm holding it!

The guy at Best Buy said the Smart Cover would not magnetize to the back of the iPad but he was using a Samsung galaxy s7 edge so idk how much he really knows lol. I figured my best chance at getting a really knowledgeable answer is from people who have used it.

Welcome to iMore! The Smart Cover will not magnetically stick to the back of the iPad but it's very easy to remove if it gets in the way.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2