Do you use your Apple Pencil or is it just collecting dust?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I first got my Apple Pencil December 2015. So for over a year now. I never figured how it could serve me or make my iPad experience better. I switched from iPad Pro 12.9 to 9.7 back in July. Not sure I have even paired it to the 9.7 yet.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I never even bought a pen. Mostly it can be used for drawing and opening apps and writing and a few other things. If I could use it to make screen caps like I can do on my Surface Pro 3 or Note 5, I would have bought it. I have no use for the pencil on an iPad.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I thought I would use it for highlighting and makes notes in pdf files (using iAnnotate PDF). It is pretty good for that, but sadly I must admit it's currently sitting dead in my backpack, unused for months.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Mine is gathering dust. I expected to use it mostly for note taking but I'm still to find a notes app with good OCR that I actually like (yes I've seen the other thread on notes apps, just nothing I've tried has really wowed me)

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Someone on here... I won't mention any names (@Just_Me_D)... convinced me to get one, and at the time I was into the whole cool aspect of it. Even used it for note taking and drawing a bit. Now it just sits in its box on my shelf.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Someone on here... I won't mention any names (@Just_Me_D)... convinced me to get one, and at the time I was into the whole cool aspect of it. Even used it for note taking and drawing a bit. Now it just sits in its box on my shelf.

Ah that's messed up. Why would put me on blast like that? I thought we were cool...(laughing)...I'm so hurt

jeilders

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Used mine some at the office to take notes, really liked it for that. My wife got ahold of it and draws a lot of pictures. She loves it!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I posted awhile back that I rarely used mine, but just started using it to notate music for church on the weeks I lead at church. I use an app called music stand, which is a companion app for planning center. Works well and I don't have to have all the charts with me in paper form. Super excited about this discovery.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73