iPad Pro 9.7 vs. MacBook Air 13.3 HELP

jamiescla

Jan 13, 2017
Visit site
HELP here please. I got a MacBook Air 13.3 for 799 and an iPad Pro for 128gb 9.7 for 500. My job requires me to work with excel, word, and their own sites. In addition to this we use "[redacted]" to do video calls. which should I keep? I just think about how frustrating it used to be using iPads on certain sites as far as ease of clicking and what not. the last iPad I have owned is the very first.

I know this new iPad is apparently a game changer. I love the idea of its portability and multifunction for work and play (apps and touchscreen considered)

if you were me what would you do? which do I keep? I keep toying with the idea of getting rid of MacBook as I keep asking "do I really need this?" Most of my life is attached to my iPhone and I haven't had a great laptop in about 7 years.

opinions appreciated!

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I know this probably isn't helpful but I would keep both of them if the storage was enough on both. I have both iPad pros, a 15" rMBP, and a 7 plus. But this is just me.

The air will be able to do somethings the iPad can't like coding. In the end the decision is up to you.

Good luck.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
In addition to this we use "zoom" to do video calls. which should I keep? I just think about how frustrating it used to be using iPads on certain sites as far as ease of clicking and what not. the last iPad I have owned is the very first.

opinions appreciated!

Jamie

Hey Jamie, great question. Based on your message it looks like you sort of answered your own question. :)

Using an iPad can sometimes be annoying when you need to click on small things. The mouse is far more accurate on the Macbook compared to your finger. Plus, you will have to purchase an additional keyboard to go with the iPad.. I personally would take the Macbook Air if its for work.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If the majority of the things you do can be done via your iPhone then get the MBA for the things you can't do on an iOS device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods