Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mattkerwin24
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Hectorius's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default should I wait?

    Thinking on purchasing an iPad this week, but a little bird in my head(I'm not smart) is telling me to wait until March for a possible upgrade. Should I wait or buy?

    Posted via the Note 5 or iPhone 7 Plus
  2. #2  
    pkcable's Avatar
    Q&A Jedi

    Posts
    3,809 Posts
    Global Posts
    40,075 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: should I wait?

    IF you can wait it does look like a refresh to the iPad Pro line is coming in the spring, NOT necessarily March, BUT that is the start of spring. According to rumor, there will be 3 models, the current 12.9, and 9.7 and a new 10.5. With the 2 larger models being more premium and with a better processor and the 9.7 being more budget friendly with a lesser (although still great processor).

    Apple will reportedly launch 3 new iPad models in spring 2017 | Macworld
  3. #3  
    Abu Khadija's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    244 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default should I wait?

    It's really up to you. A lot of people told me to wait before buying the 12.9" one in mid December 2016, and even though I have till the 24th of this month to return it I still plan on keeping it. I think the only way I might return it is if an announcement is made before than. I seriously doubt this will happen.

    By the way, I bought the 9.7" pro the day it was released. I still have it in the drawer and it hasn't been used since I got the big pro.

    Sent from iPhone 7 plus with the 15" rMBP sitting next to me.
  4. #4  
    Matty's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    405 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,796 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: should I wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hectorius View Post
    Thinking on purchasing an iPad this week, but a little bird in my head(I'm not smart) is telling me to wait until March for a possible upgrade. Should I wait or buy?

    Posted via the Note 5 or iPhone 7 Plus
    If you are able to wait for the new models to come out sometime this year. Hopefully around March. Then wait. You may really like a new feature from them! Additionally, if you don't like the look of them, you can purchase the current model for a discounted price. So its a win win.
  5. #5  
    mattkerwin24's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: should I wait?

    If you like the physical home button vs the haptic button alla the iphone 7s maybe you don't need to wait lol
    gigatigga01 likes this.
  6. #6  
    jlunardi's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: should I wait?

    Kind of in the same position, when new models are released is there normally a price reduction on the previous ones? Do the reductions start before the release of the new ones?
  7. #7  
    bluesqueen23's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: should I wait?

    I just picked up a 9.7 32gb w/ Verizon service on eBay for $400. I'll be quite satisfied w/ that purchase & will more than likely upgrade in a yr. or so.
  8. #8  
    fourthbase's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: should I wait?

    It's worth waiting until March but who knows when they'll actually be here. Some people are still waiting for their AirPods for heavens sake. If it isn't urgent, wait.
  9. #9  
    tcuprof's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    506 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: should I wait?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hectorius View Post
    Thinking on purchasing an iPad this week, but a little bird in my head(I'm not smart) is telling me to wait until March for a possible upgrade. Should I wait or buy?

    Posted via the Note 5 or iPhone 7 Plus
    So what did you decide? Still waiting?
  10. #10  
    Quis89's Avatar

    Posts
    1,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,917 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: should I wait?

    If you don't need a new iPad right now and can afford to wait, then sure. Why not? You won't be disappointed with that decision.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-14-2017, 01:47 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2017, 07:40 AM
  3. Should I get an iPhone or an Android?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2017, 09:37 PM
  4. Should I get the Iphone SE or Iphone 6
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2017, 10:45 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2017, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

";