should I wait?

Hectorius

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Thinking on purchasing an iPad this week, but a little bird in my head(I'm not smart) is telling me to wait until March for a possible upgrade. Should I wait or buy?

Posted via the Note 5 or iPhone 7 Plus

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
IF you can wait it does look like a refresh to the iPad Pro line is coming in the spring, NOT necessarily March, BUT that is the start of spring. :) According to rumor, there will be 3 models, the current 12.9, and 9.7 and a new 10.5. With the 2 larger models being more premium and with a better processor and the 9.7 being more budget friendly with a lesser (although still great processor).

Apple will reportedly launch 3 new iPad models in spring 2017 | Macworld

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
It's really up to you. A lot of people told me to wait before buying the 12.9" one in mid December 2016, and even though I have till the 24th of this month to return it I still plan on keeping it. I think the only way I might return it is if an announcement is made before than. I seriously doubt this will happen.

By the way, I bought the 9.7" pro the day it was released. I still have it in the drawer and it hasn't been used since I got the big pro.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus with the 15" rMBP sitting next to me.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Thinking on purchasing an iPad this week, but a little bird in my head(I'm not smart) is telling me to wait until March for a possible upgrade. Should I wait or buy?

If you are able to wait for the new models to come out sometime this year. Hopefully around March. Then wait. You may really like a new feature from them! :D Additionally, if you don't like the look of them, you can purchase the current model for a discounted price. So its a win win.

jlunardi

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Kind of in the same position, when new models are released is there normally a price reduction on the previous ones? Do the reductions start before the release of the new ones?

bluesqueen23

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
I just picked up a 9.7 32gb w/ Verizon service on eBay for $400. I'll be quite satisfied w/ that purchase & will more than likely upgrade in a yr. or so.

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
It's worth waiting until March but who knows when they'll actually be here. Some people are still waiting for their AirPods for heavens sake. If it isn't urgent, wait.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

So what did you decide? Still waiting?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If you don't need a new iPad right now and can afford to wait, then sure. Why not? You won't be disappointed with that decision.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2