Although the iPad Pro has the 3.5 mm headphone jack, has anyone tried listening to audio via its lightning port using the EarPods that came with an iPhone 7 or an iPhone 7 Plus? I just did and was a little surprised that it worked. Of course this may further lead to people asking why couldn't Apple allow for both on the latest iPhones...
    10-31-2016 08:15 PM
    Although the iPad Pro has the 3.5 mm headphone jack, has anyone tried listening to audio via its lightning port using the EarPods that came with an iPhone 7 or an iPhone 7 Plus? I just did and was a little surprised that it worked. Of course this may further lead to people asking why couldn't Apple allow for both on the latest iPhones...
    Apple have ever since they announced the iPhone 5 I believe when they came out with the lightning cable. Lightning cable used as a connection isn't new..... Apple just now wants to get rid of the jack
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-31-2016 08:30 PM
    Apple have ever since they announced the iPhone 5 I believe when they came out with the lightning cable. Lightning cable used as a connection isn't new..... Apple just now wants to get rid of the jack
    I know the lightning connection isn't new, but because of the lack of headsets with a lightning connector, I had never listened to audio via the lightning port on an iOS device that also had the 3.5 mm earphone jack until today as stated above.
    10-31-2016 08:50 PM
    I know the lightning connection isn't new, but because of the lack of headsets with a lightning connector, I had never listened to audio via the lightning port on an iOS device that also had the 3.5 mm earphone jack until today as stated above.
    There has been a few... Remembering seeing one advertised but with very little fanfare to it. With Apple removing it outright it makes some companies think about seriously making them now.
    10-31-2016 09:13 PM