I'm seriously considering updating my 4th generation iPad to the new iPad Pro 9.7 I mainly need it for uni work & also photo editing. But I can't decided between the iPad Pro or Macbook Pro. I've heard mixed reviews from friends.
    For those of you that already have the iPad Pro 9.7 do you feel it's a good photo editing tool.

The Apple pencil has definitely caught my eye and also the availability of being able to use a keyboard for my university work but I'm just not sure...
    10-25-2016 05:51 PM
    Photo editing is fine via the iPad Pro in my experience, and the Pencil is very accurate and sensitive. Having said that, there are still some things that are best done on a traditional computer, but you'll have to determine whether or not that include your usage.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-25-2016 06:30 PM
    Thanks for your reply. I'm still undecided. The MacBook Pro is working in my favour at the moment but I tried out the pencil with the iPad Pro yesterday and wow!!
    10-27-2016 10:38 AM
    You could edit photos just on the the iPad Pro. I use a combination of Lightroom, Pixelmator, Color splash and photoshop fix to edit photos, but I always end up back with the desktop version of Lightroom and photoshop and my Wacom tablet for any intensive editing.
    10-28-2016 06:04 AM
    Thanks for your reply. I'm still undecided. The MacBook Pro is working in my favour at the moment but I tried out the pencil with the iPad Pro yesterday and wow!!
    I'd love to buy the iPad Pro for the Pencil for photo editing. I want the precision for selecting areas and for the brushes. I'm pretty good using the mouse, but the pencil looks like it will be better.

I think you have to look at the photo editing apps you would be using on the iPad Pro and see if they offer what you need.
    11-19-2016 08:41 AM