iPad Pro Franklin Replacement?

Christoph Altrogge

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello there,
Hope this question hasn't already been asked before. I'm asking myself if the iPad Pro can be a replacement of my Franklin Covey Planner - daily notes, tasks etc in connection with pen? Is there a standard app included or would it be an app invest?

Thank you so much for your response in advance!

Regards,
Chris

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPad Pro, by default, comes with a Calendar, Reminders app, Notes app, Email app, Contacts app, etc., so yes, it can possibly be a replacement for your mentioned planner. Now in regard to the "pen", any Apple compatible stylus should suffice, but the Pencil is recommended.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I have been looking for a app that would replace my planner as well..since, although those built-in apps (calendar, notes, reminders, etc.) are good...they are also very scattered. I need something that looks, acts and reads like a Franklin planner. Anybody got a clue?

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I just use the stock calendar, lol. Right now I'm in a training program with an insane schedule but somehow I'm able to enter everything in the calendar, hourly, daily whatever, use the reminders, get notices about overlapping classes, travel time, traffic conditions, and whatnot.

The feature that helps me the most is not even new: it's continuity, I need to be able to switch back and forth between devices.
But otherwise, knock on wood, the calendar app serves my needs perfectly.

anon(427874)

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I have been looking for a app that would replace my planner as well..since, although those built-in apps (calendar, notes, reminders, etc.) are good...they are also very scattered. I need something that looks, acts and reads like a Franklin planner. Anybody got a clue?

Check out Planner Pro. It may be of interest as it is designed to be like a planner, ie with notes, calendar and tasks all integrated in a single daily, weekly and monthly view. I used it several months ago. It was good and evolving. At the time I was also trying to integrate both iOS and Android, too. It had some glitches across platforms.

clitrenta

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
There is an app called Notepad+ which is especially designed for the pencil I believe. It has a number of templates built in, a daily planner being one of them. I haven't had much chance to try it though. It also has a meetings template. I was looking at this for the very same reason. Until I try it with the pencil, I can't say for sure but it looks promising.

bigtruck1369

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
This is interesting. I keep those things organized spread out across a few apps, I'm curious to see how an all-in-one solution works!

sstavo

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
... I remember that several years ago I tested the application "Opus Domini". It was done exactly based on Covey theory...
I don't know if it's still updated.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW