Apple Pencil Issues

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I recently had my Apple Pencil replaced for multiple reasons.

One of the things that frustrated me was having to plug the pencil into my iPad almost every time I wanted to use it to get my Apple Pencil to "wake up" for lack of a better term. It's not every time, but if I go a day or 2 without using it I have to plug it in. I'm finding the same issue with the replacement. Is this common for Apple Pencil users?

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
The Pencil uses a Bluetooth connection, subject to all the vagaries of Bluetooth. I too find my Pencil doesn't always reconnect with my iPad Pro 9.7". You don't want the connection to always be live, or you'll drain the battery when you're not using it. So, when I want to use my Pencil, it's important for the iPad Pro to be awake, listening for the Bluetooth reconnection request. Then, I need to wave my Pencil around to also wake it up and request the iPad to reauthenticate. This can take several seconds. A shortcut I take is to pull up my Control Panel from the bottom of my screen, turn Bluetooth off, then back on. This forces the iPad to start searching immediately, and reconnect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711