I am seriously considering an Apple keyboard and silicone back for my iPad Pro 9.7. I have read quite a few reviews of the Apple keyboard and a common point raised is that the keyboard detaches rather easily, at times. My impression is that the silicone back does a great job in protecting the back of the device, but what about the keyboard? If it detaches when the iPad were accidentally dropped (gasp), does it leave the device overly vulnerable to screen damage?
    07-07-2016 07:27 AM
    iPad drops are a crap shoot. I have this habit of using my iPad's while on my couch at night and sometimes I'm starting to nod, next thing I know a thump wakes me up, and it's the iPad dropping out of my had and hitting the ground. I have had this happen about 50 times but only once has my screen broken. Still I consider it a bad practice on my part! That being said ANY protection is better than none, sure it could fail, sure it could drop in JUST such a way and it cracks the screen, you just don't know, BUT the case will help, and it will offer extra protection! I say go for it!
    07-07-2016 07:51 AM
    I have another question. Does the silicone retain stains easily? Is there a way to treat it?
    07-07-2016 06:58 PM
    I have another question. Does the silicone retain stains easily? Is there a way to treat it?
    I don't know about THIS case, BUT silicone is usually cleanable with alcohol.
    07-08-2016 06:55 AM
    So, I bit the bullet yesterday evening and purchased the keyboard and case. Really happy, so far.
    pkcable and DarlaMack like this.
    07-08-2016 07:26 AM
    Post up pictures and your thoughts if/when you can. We love that stuff!
    DarlaMack likes this.
    07-08-2016 09:33 AM
    I have the same setup and love it... Looks very professional
    07-10-2016 08:35 PM
    Here is my iPad Pro with the Smart Keyboard and the Royal Blue Silicone Back:

Apple keyboard and silicone back-image.jpeg
    Apple keyboard and silicone back-image.jpeg
    pkcable and mweber67 like this.
    07-11-2016 09:59 AM
    Here is my iPad Pro with the Smart Keyboard and the Royal Blue Silicone Back:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	109121
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	109122
    DAMN you got me wanting one now! I have a Pro also!
    Frost Forged likes this.
    07-11-2016 10:17 AM
    The lack of color options was one of my biggest disappointments when I owned the 12.9"(moved to the Baby Pro 2 weeks back). I work in a corporate environment and EVERYONE has black cases on absolutely everything. It's so boring to look at. I know I could have bought a cheap back cover off of Amazon but the Royal Blue is absolutely beautiful so I said screw it and handed over my kidney (I have it for my 6S Plus as well).
    07-11-2016 11:06 AM
    Hiya

I have recently purchased the Apple Keyboard and light blue silicone back.

The keyboard I am generally impressed with, it takes a bit of getting used to coming from the Zagg Slim Book which I used with my Air 2 and consider the best typing experience on a mobile keyboard.

I have however removed the silicone back, I personally find it adds additional bulk when used with the Apple keyboard, especially when carrying around. I also think the Pro looks better with the keyboard without the silicone case.

This is just my humble opinion.
    H_D likes this.
    08-02-2016 06:14 AM
    I agree that it would be nice to not have to use the silicone back. I just worry about the lack of protection without it.
    08-02-2016 08:21 AM
    Really like the color combo!
    09-05-2016 11:25 AM
    Hiya

I have recently purchased the Apple Keyboard and light blue silicone back.

The keyboard I am generally impressed with, it takes a bit of getting used to coming from the Zagg Slim Book which I used with my Air 2 and consider the best typing experience on a mobile keyboard.

I have however removed the silicone back, I personally find it adds additional bulk when used with the Apple keyboard, especially when carrying around. I also think the Pro looks better with the keyboard without the silicone case.

This is just my humble opinion.
    I LOVE my smart keyboard.

My biggest issue with the Apple silicone case is the price. $70 is really steep IMO. I picked up a MoKo plastic case for the back. It adds some extra protection to the back when I need it and it's compatible with the smart keyboard. It feels slimmer than the OEM silicone case as well. Oh, and it's only $6.95.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...mUvbUpU2798604
    09-05-2016 02:07 PM