Three Keyboard Questions, any takers?

Floridadomer

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Three Keyboard Questions

I am new to Apple and have Googled these questions but I seem to get answers that aren't working, so I don't know if it is user error or something that is different in 9.2.

When I choose the SPLIT keyboard option, it is splitting but appears to be undocking it and placing it in the middle of the screen. I can not for the life of me drag it down to the bottom. It is very irritating having it in the middle of the screen.

I also read where you can place you fingers in the middle of the keyboard and swipe to the left and right to split the keyboard but this isn't working also

Also I have read if I place two fingers on the keyboard for a few seconds, the keyboard will go grey and I can then move the fingers to move a cursor. That also isn't working for me.

Are these features not on this Ipad or am i just not doing any of these correctly?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Three Keyboard Questions

I don't have an iPad. So I don't know. Hopefully someone who knows more than I will come along.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Three Keyboard Questions

I am new to Apple and have Googled these questions but I seem to get answers that aren't working, so I don't know if it is user error or something that is different in 9.2.

When I choose the SPLIT keyboard option, it is splitting but appears to be undocking it and placing it in the middle of the screen. I can not for the life of me drag it down to the bottom. It is very irritating having it in the middle of the screen.
Dragging it down is simple, but you cannot drag it all the way down. Simply press and hold on the keyboard icon and then drag it downward until it begin to merge.

I also read where you can place you fingers in the middle of the keyboard and swipe to the left and right to split the keyboard but this isn't working also
I can't get that to work either.

Also I have read if I place two fingers on the keyboard for a few seconds, the keyboard will go grey and I can then move the fingers to move a cursor. That also isn't working for me.
Yes. It works. The letters disappear and the white background keys turn grayish.

Are these features not on this Ipad or am i just not doing any of these correctly?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Recap: Dragging the split keyboard downward works, but it cannot drag all the way down. Placing the finger on the keyboard does make the letters disappear and the keys turn grayish, but it's faster than 2 seconds. Using the finger in the middle of the keyboard to split the keyboard did not work for me.

Last edited:

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
When I "undock" my keyboard, it is also in the middle, if I want it to be at the bottom, I just dock it again.

I can split the keyboard with a two finger gesture, just move your fingers away from each other to split, and back together to merge. The trick is to use your index fingers, putting them on "d" and "j" then split. If you have your fingers closer together you will start to use the trackpad mode instead. I just learnt this through this post, never tried it before, and actually don't use split keyboard.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox