List 5 things you enjoy in regard to your 9.7" iPad Pro

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Speed. The speed of my iPad Pro is downright blazing, and although I wish it has 4 GB RAM, I've yet to witness it stutter.
2. Display. The True Tone display is almost breath taking. Yes, it's that gorgeous, in my opinion...:)
3. Connectivity. My previous iPad models (iPad 2 & iPad Mini) were Wi-Fi Only models, but this time I opted to get the Wi-Fi + Cellular model, and I'm so glad I did. Having the ability to do either or is well worth the extra cash.
4. Smart Keyboard connection. Without the Apple Smart Keyboard, I don't think I'd enjoy the iPad Pro as much as I do.
5. Build Quality. "Nuf said...:)

jeilders

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I am going to have to agree with everything. But I want to add the 4 speakers are great. I listen to music at work and they add a great deal.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am going to have to agree with everything. But I want to add the 4 speakers are great. I listen to music at work and they add a great deal.

Oh dang. How in the heck did I forget the speakers? The sound from them is amazing. Thanks for the follow up and reminding of the awesome speakers. Take care.

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have both the 12.9 & 9.7 and I must say the 9.7 is my everyday machine because it is the perfect blend of everything I want in an iPad - the exact things that have already been mentioned in this thread.

After becoming more accustomed to the iPad Pro 9.7 256 and the Apple Pencil - My MacBook Pro & iMac are not getting near the usage as before.

I use the 12.9 (128) singularly for my stats and notes during Spurs games - keeping track of players, personal fouls & team fouls. As a PA Announcer the larger screen and the way the screen is oriented with the Apple Smart Keyboard attached, is perfect for the need.

One thing I didn't see mentioned in the +'s of the 9.7 is having the same front facing camera as the iPhone 6S Plus. This helps me when I'm recording intros, a much nicer picture and video quality than my iPad Air 2 that my kids now love.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Agreed 100%, including the additional comment around speakers, great to listen to podcasts in the shower without having to balance my iPhone or iPad in some kind of precarious position.

Living in Australia, I have to say that it could be a wee bit cheaper, the currency situation (including what looks like a bit of a greedy hedge by Apple) pushes the LTE + 128/256GB units well above most peoples reach. Also the prices for the Silicone Cover are breath-taking. I'd also comment about the pricing of the SmartKeyboard Cover, but it's such a nice product that it's fine by me.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
List 5 things you enjoy in regard to your 9.7" iPad Pro

So does the iPad Pro 12.9. Can not figure out why this is.

Last edited:

anon(9940776)

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Whew I figured I was just an oily greasy guy. I'm a bit OCD about the screens I use, and always try to keep them relatively free of fingerprints. I try not to wipe down the iPP too much - I use a tack cloth I got with a pair of glasses. My SE, also new, doesn't have this problem to the same degree.

The fingerprints are almost reddish in color.

anon(9940776)

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
I just realized I'm 4 short, so:

Weight - I hold my iPP a lot
Slightly rough edge - lets me grip it just a tad better
Touch ID - for those moments when keying in a PIN just won't do
Safari - yes, I said it, I'm a Chrome user on my laptop and Priv, but Safari on the iPP is pretty good, and of course that brings in handoff so I can move seamlessly to the SE.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I finally have it set up exactly how I like it and omg you guys... This iPad feels so freaking good it's downright obscene, lol.

The speed, duh. This is a turbo jet fuel powered flying carpet, I kid you not.
It is definitely easier on the eyes than my Air 2, no doubt there.
The sound! Much improved on that.
The pencil!!! I missed that from my old Samsung tablet, and this one is miles better. If only I could find a good storage method for it.
I find the screen sensitivity much better as well, and the keyboard is smoother too.
Touch ID is razor sharp, now.
256 GB. Can't beat that.
The split screen thing works better now.
Actually everything works better now.
Battery life: TANTRIC!

My iPad has now officially replaced my old 2012 MacBook Air.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I just sold my iPad pro 12.9 128gb 4g, i found because of the size i only really used it 99% of the time for netflix/tv. This thread is making me want to go and get the 9.7 128 4g which is the same price as what i sold my 12.9 for. Tempting.
Is it worth it if you are not interested in the pencil or maybe not even keyboard, i had a Air 2 not going back there.

purpleclad

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just sold my iPad pro 12.9 128gb 4g, i found because of the size i only really used it 99% of the time for netflix/tv. This thread is making me want to go and get the 9.7 128 4g which is the same price as what i sold my 12.9 for. Tempting.
Is it worth it if you are not interested in the pencil or maybe not even keyboard, i had a Air 2 not going back there.

I just sold my 12.9 as well and picked up the 9.7 Pro, I like it so much better. As you, I was mostly using my big one for Netflix, while I have a new 78" Samsung 4k TV staring me in the face...didn't seem to make much sense. The portability is just so much easier in my opinion. I don't think you'd regret it.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I just sold my 12.9 as well and picked up the 9.7 Pro, I like it so much better. As you, I was mostly using my big one for Netflix, while I have a new 78" Samsung 4k TV staring me in the face...didn't seem to make much sense. The portability is just so much easier in my opinion. I don't think you'd regret it.

A few days After my comment above about not going back to a air 2 ;) I found a brand new sealed air 2 16GB 4G for $300 they are $679 from Apple here, I just couldn't refuse it, the cheapest 9.7 pro 32Gb 4G here is $1099 so a $800 difference.
I do like the size better and have IOS 10 beta on it and like it too. Will run with it for a while. And will probably get passed to my wife, i don't use a keyboard or pencil so the pro is probably overkill but will see.
Also picked up a new sealed 6S 16gb for $450 Apple price $1079, and sold my 6S plus 16gb for $710 , so really got my Air 2 for $40.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox