I don't have an iPad Pro, only an iPad mini because of its size it was right for me.

I can't see my tablet replacing my PC at the moment. I use the PC for video and audio editing and photo editing too. The PC also hosts the Plex server.

Even though I don't have a pro and only a mini I do find though that it's replaced the PC for a lot of day to day stuff like email, browsing and arguable having an eBay app and amazon app is perhaps easier than surfing the websites.

I think the days of an tablet whether iPad Pro or not replacing PC for any "power user" are still a fair bit away yet?
    Alanhd likes this.
    12-23-2016 01:43 AM
    My iPad Pro has become my primary computing device, but occassionally, I still have to use my MacBook Pro. Working on the iPad is more enjoyable, but working on the Mac can be faster, so if I’m pressed for time, I sometimes grab my Mac to do work e.g. preparing a Powerpoint/Keynote presentation, especially since drag & drop is not available on iOS. Other than that, I use the iPad for 95% of my digital tasks.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-25-2016 02:52 AM
    My 9.7 iPad Pro hasn't completely replaced my Mac, however, it is my primary computing device, with my iPhone being a close runner up. There are just a few things that you can't do on an iOS device yet so one must still use the computer. But I find that list of "computer-only" tasks growing smaller every year.
    roystreet likes this.
    12-25-2016 07:55 AM
    I have a surface pro 4 that I absolutely love along with the iPad Pro. I still have to use the surface pro for certain things for work such as some of the sites we use, uses flash and it won't load on iPad. And I'm very disappointed the pencil doesn't have handwriting to text recognition software like the surface as well as the Samsung Note line up. Comparing the iPad Pro to a mobile device such as the Samsung note series, Samsung is able to put an amazing program in the OS for handwriting recognition and you can switch between typing and handwriting with a button on the native keyboard. I still use my surface for meetings where I take extensive notes and use the handwriting feature because it's not distracting as is mashing away on keys in quiet room, and the finished product is a typed professional note that I can instantly share with my colleagues. Had the iPad had this feature I'd most likely never leave the house with my surface again. But I would never get rid of my computer because I would still need a stronger machine to use at home for photo & video editing as well as easily creating excel sheets and power power projects. The lack of mouse input on the iPad is also a big disappointment.
    12-26-2016 09:43 AM
    I still use my surface for meetings where I take extensive notes and use the handwriting feature because it's not distracting as is mashing away on keys in quiet room, and the finished product is a typed professional note that I can instantly share with my colleagues. Had the iPad had this feature I'd most likely never leave the house with my surface again.
    That is a great feature. If an app like Good Notes can OCR my handwriting, I don't know why Apple can't convert handwriting to text.

But I would never get rid of my computer because I would still need a stronger machine to use at home for photo & video editing as well as easily creating excel sheets and power power projects. The lack of mouse input on the iPad is also a big disappointment.
    Pixelmator for iOS is incredibly powerful. It's missing very little from the Mac version, which itself is missing very little from Photoshop. I can't talk about video editing, though.

As for Excel, you can create Excel spreadsheets on an iPad, although the most advanced features are missing.
    12-26-2016 01:07 PM
    Pixelmator can't open raw files(it only opens a thumbnail). This is a big disadvantage if I'm away shooting and need to edit. So my laptop normally goes everywhere with me.
    muchospanish likes this.
    12-28-2016 02:30 AM
    I think there’s a lot of options now for RAW editing on the iPad. Photoshop Express, Lightroom, ProCam, VSCO…
    j.bergsing likes this.
    12-28-2016 05:56 AM
    My iPad Pro has made my MacBook Air redundant. That does not mean I don't need a computer...

I find that my iPad Pro (plus Logitech Create keyboard case) does virtually everything that I want to do on a typical day but there's still tasks where I need a computer. Like others I was waiting for the new MacBook Pro's and then was disappointed by the specs and prices and got to thinking more about what I actually needed. The surprising conclusion was that the perfect companion to my iPad was a desktop PC! It does Photoshop & Lightroom like a Mac, but plays the latest games too. I don't love Windows, I'm not trying to convince others to follow me, just saying it's the unexpected path I've gone down since getting my iPad Pro.

My only regret with my iPad Pro because I didn't predict how central it would become to my computing life is not getting the cellular model; I can tether via my phone but it can be temperamental.
    muchospanish and roystreet like this.
    01-01-2017 06:31 AM
    To those that have replaced their desktops or notebooks with an iPad Pro, did you use iTunes prior? I'm looking to do the same but how how do you transfer CDs (yes I'm old school) to iTunes if you're using an iPad Pro? How about backing up your phone or or doing a fresh OS install w your iPhone? I don't particularly like using the cloud for all my data and I prefer to use iTunes to OS updates. Aside from that I think I could move to solely to an iPad Pro.
    This exactly. I don't buy CDs anymore, so I don't need to burn them, but I like to manage and curate offline MP3 music files in iTunes. I also need to frequently restore/update iOS devices in iTunes. If I could do those things on my Baby Pro then I could throw my Windows PC away (don't own a mac), and I'd be very happy to do so.

Clickfiend's comments about his other devices being accessories for his iPad made me think more about how I use my devices. I'd say that the iPad can't replace my primary computer because my primary computer is my iPhone 7 Plus. I'd say that the iPad is an accessory for my iPhone. With iCloud and Continuity, the iPad is basically the large screen version of my iPhone. I do everything with my phone, for the most part, and I use my iPad when I want to do those things on a bigger screen or with my iPad's physical keyboard (ZAGG Slim Book).
    01-03-2017 08:23 PM
    I still love my Macbook Pro much more than the iPad Pro. Having 16GB RAM and 2TB storage options is just so awesome. Plus its running and Desktop OS, which for me just seems more logical. If the iPad Pro ran Mac OS then combined with a keyboard, it could have the potential. but for right now, i just don't see it replacing my primary computer.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-15-2017 11:00 AM
    I still love my Macbook Pro much more than the iPad Pro. Having 16GB RAM and 2TB storage options is just so awesome. Plus its running and Desktop OS, which for me just seems more logical. If the iPad Pro ran Mac OS then combined with a keyboard, it could have the potential. but for right now, i just don't see it replacing my primary computer.
    In my case, since my MacBook is so old, my iPad Pro is my primary "computing" device. Thankfully, it is sufficient for a majority of my computing needs. Having said that, if I could do it all again, I would choose a MacBook Air in lieu of the iPad Pro as a computer replacement device.
    Matty likes this.
    01-15-2017 12:29 PM
    Yep...I actually had a chrome book I was using as my "pc" and my iPad has become my primary device...I even use it more than my phone now haha
    muchospanish likes this.
    01-16-2017 07:13 AM
87 ... 234