The iPad Pro is a great device...Plenty of power & the battery life is wonderful. I'm still impressed with it!!
    Don't get it without the pencil!! --- It is a wonderful experience having the pencil. I use the pencil a good portion of the times that I use the iPad. But without the pencil, you're missing out on one of the greatest abilities that it has.
    muchospanish likes this.
    11-17-2016 01:01 PM
    I've had the 9.7" pro since day one. I bought the pencil too and than returned it. Bought it again a couple months later and mostly it sits in the box in a drawer. I don't use it hardly at all.
    11-17-2016 01:08 PM
    I will be making the leap on Monday I have a work-issued MacBook Air, but someone else really needs it, so I'm giving it to her. That will leave me alone with my iPad Air 2. It's a little scary because I do need to use a computer sometimes, but I can use one of the secretaires' when they go to lunch

If I can get myself an iPad Pro 9.7 at Target on Thanksgiving night ($150 off), I'll upgrade. I want the Pencil.
    Do EEEEET!!!!!
    Seriously the baby pro will knock your socks off, that baby is a turbo powered flying carpet, for real.

With the pencil, I take notes, I edit files, I draw on maps to plan hikes, I send hand written notes, I make memes for my kids to annoy them, the possibilities are endless. And it's really fun to use.
    muchospanish likes this.
    11-17-2016 01:27 PM
    My iPad is my on the go computer. I use it as my primary device when I need to get work done while away from home or as my at home media device. Other than these two situations I still prefer my laptop.
    11-17-2016 01:43 PM
    Reading. This is all about iPad Pro for me. Reading and taking notes about my reads. And I read really all the time. So my iPad is fundamental to me. But, for writing... I still prefer my MacBook 2015.

Cheers,
    11-17-2016 02:07 PM
    I've had the 9.7" pro since day one. I bought the pencil too and than returned it. Bought it again a couple months later and mostly it sits in the box in a drawer. I don't use it hardly at all.
    You could give it to ME.... (j/k)
    11-18-2016 10:47 AM
    Then when I give the 9.7" Pro to my kids and buy a bigger one than I'll have a to buy another one for them. My wife says I think I'm made of money by the way I spend, I guess everyone else thinks so too. Boy am I in trouble at the house! . LOL
    Last edited by Abu Khadija; 11-20-2016 at 09:23 AM.
    muchospanish and toneofark like this.
    11-18-2016 12:12 PM
    No, my baby pro has not replace my primary computer (2015 iMac) but it has replaced my old iPad 3.

Truth is, I still use it mostly to play Hearts Multiplayer in bed before I drift off to sleep.
    11-20-2016 04:28 AM
    Mostly my game playing has been on my 7 plus. Probably because it's with me all the time. The 9.7" Pro gets some use and the 15" rMBP not that much.
    11-20-2016 09:25 AM
    To those that have replaced their desktops or notebooks with an iPad Pro, did you use iTunes prior? I'm looking to do the same but how how do you transfer CDs (yes I'm old school) to iTunes if you're using an iPad Pro? How about backing up your phone or or doing a fresh OS install w your iPhone? I don't particularly like using the cloud for all my data and I prefer to use iTunes to OS updates. Aside from that I think I could move to solely to an iPad Pro.
    11-23-2016 11:23 AM
    Are you talking about movie or audio CDs? If it's movie CDs than i want to know too. iTunes movies are at least $15 to buy. I've seen at least at truck stops not much older movies are sometimes 4 for $20.
    Last edited by Abu Khadija; 11-24-2016 at 08:34 AM.
    11-23-2016 12:22 PM
    I am now computer-free. I gave my work-issued MacBook Air to a colleague and upgraded from an iPad Air 2 to a refurbished iPad Pro 9.7 to use the Pencil with Pixelmator. Definitely worth it.

The iPad Air 2 is still a fantastic iPad. I've had it for two years and it still seems as fast as when I first bought it. My wife is using it now.

I'll see now how often I have to borrow a computer a work, but it won't be too often.
    Archie_Bunkers likes this.
    11-24-2016 12:24 PM
    It has replaced my *personal* computer. I say that because I still have a work laptop provided by my company. I use my iPad Pro for lots of things, but for "computery" type stuff it's interesting. I use excel, word, PDF Expert, mail, etc. for work on occasion. It works great, but it is definitely less productive due to the fact that it's just much slower to operate a touch based OS for those type apps vs. a "regular" OS. That could just be my opinion, but I find myself much more productive for work stuff on a traditional computer with a mouse/trackpad and physical keyboard. I still love my iPad Pro though, and the Pencil is extremely handy for brainstorming and taking notes.
    muchospanish likes this.
    11-25-2016 09:15 PM
    I initially returned my 9.7" Pro and bought a Surface Pro. Awesome device, but my dislike for Windows in general had me return that as well. All things considered, after about a month of reflection I ordered another Pro. I wish it were a bit more "desktop class MacOS-like", but I don't regret it. I just need another Pencil and I'll be fine.
    11-28-2016 07:44 AM
    I came from the Surface 3 - I had my 3rd one come in the other day and it was a dud - so Best Buy did the Lemon rule on it and returned my money.

I have a Windows desktop (with all the bells and whistles) and now my iPad pro - still debating about whether I should go with the bigger one or not... but I have until Feb to decide (BB return policy)....
    muchospanish likes this.
    12-02-2016 12:30 PM
    Don't forget that the 2nd generation iPads are supposed to be coming in March.
    12-02-2016 06:03 PM
    It's amazing what you can do on the Pro... From taking Notes (I use OneNote mostly) to working with some complex Word documents... To audio and graphic editing.

I have to say, I'm glad I kept my Surface Pro 3 because when I need to perform some heavy lifting, it just beats the iPad hands down. Especially if I need a keyboard and mouse. But I don't need that power most of the time.

Apple did promote/tout the iPad Pro as a computer replacement, which I don't think they are completely directly competing devices. They "cross paths" at times...Each has their own strengths and weaknesses.

I perform probably 90% of my tasks on the iPad Pro. I consider it one of the greatest computer investments I've made.
    muchospanish likes this.
    12-03-2016 02:34 AM
    I've been reading all the post here and it looks like the iPad Pro can do just about all that I would need. I currently have a Surface Pro 2, Dell Venue 8 Pro (which I currently use much more than my Surface Pro) and an iPad Mini 4 which has become my daily driver outside of work. The iPad Mini 4 is great but I would like something larger especially since I do a lot of e-mailing, reading and word processing. I've tried hooking it up to a monitor and that works but then I'm chained to a desk which is not all bad I suppose. If I ever need a PC, my Dell Venue does a great job. Anyway I'll wait for the iPad Pro 2 to make my decision.
    12-05-2016 12:04 PM
    Awesome but you should try the app that lets you do calculations by writing them. Excellent app. I just ordered my pencil and I guarantee you I will FIND ways to use it. Just like having the pen for the Galaxy Note. Makes it all worth it but you have to make an effort to get your money's worth.
    12-05-2016 02:49 PM
    I am diligently moving toward this as I totally believe I can make it my primary computer. I will still need to use a laptop for homework as I need to use Microsoft Project and do some heavy typing (I don't yet have a keyboard). Other than that, this is my GO TO device. My pencil is on the way as well.
    12-05-2016 02:52 PM
    My 9.7 iPad Pro with my Logitech create keyboard is my main computing device now. My MacBook Pro is just a backup device these days.
    roystreet likes this.
    12-11-2016 11:48 PM
    For me, my iPad is mainly for use when relaxing on the sofa. For work and such, my iMac.
    12-12-2016 03:52 AM
    As a long-time iPad user and current Pro owner, it totally depends on your use cases. If you are going to mostly check email, surf the web, social media, etc. then yes, an iPad Pro is perfect. But if you need to work with a lot of spreadsheets, manage multiple applications at a time, run proprietary software, etc. then you need a "real" computer, sadly. I've tried to make the iPad Pro my main computer so many times and it's just not quite there yet IMO
    roystreet likes this.
    12-22-2016 08:35 PM
    Still to this day, my iPad Pro is not capable of replacing my computer.
    roystreet likes this.
    12-22-2016 10:36 PM
    I'm with you Garz, it's just certain things my iPad Pro can't do that my Mac can.
    roystreet likes this.
    12-22-2016 10:38 PM
87 1234