Is anyone having a problem with the smart keyboard on the iPad Pro 9.7?

chagizbaluch

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I was the first person to get the iPad Pro 9.7 at local Apple store with the smart keyboard. I have been using it for last 4 days and really love it, since I paid a heavy coin for it. However, every once in a while the smart keyboard stops working. It doesn't respond at all. It happens especially after I wake up the iPad. It has not stopped in the middle of using though. It has happened to it more than 4 times in last 4 days. I had to restart the iPad every time to start using it. Has it happened to someone else? Please let me know if you have any solution.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
My Smart Keyboard is working perfectly with my iPad Pro 9.7". If you can reproduce your issue consistently, give AppleCare a call to ask their advice. You may have a defective iPad or keyboard.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I've only had mine 6 hours (of constant use since), and haven't experienced this yet. Will let you know.

exodar

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I just got mine today and I am having the exact same issue. The only resolution appears to be restarting the iPad completely. I even tried connecting a different Smart Keyboard when having the issue and it wouldn't detect it either. Waiting to see if my wife has the same issue with hers.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've only been using mine for a little less than an hour, but it's working quite well for me.

exodar

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I might have found a solution! Perform an iCloud backup manually, then completely reset and erase all data on your iPad. Then restore from said backup. Been working flawlessly since.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2