Is Ipad PRO 12 and 9 inch is on different in size?

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
While the screen on the new 9.7" iPad Pro is obviously smaller, it's also better. It now has a brighter screen and the new True Tone color management feature that adjusts for ambient light color. It also boasts a less reflective screen when used in a bright light environment, and is easier to read outside.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I am curious if Ipad PRO 12 and 9 inch only differs in size. I would like to know if there is also a difference in its inside specifications.

there are differences.

The most obvious is 4 Gb of RAM on the 12.9" vs 2 Gb on the 9.7", but not only that. The bigger sibling also sports an USB 3 connection (via lightening port) and slightly higher frequencies for CPU and GPU.

On the other side the 9.7" use a better display (with True Tone capability and a less reflective panel), and a much better camera (front and rear).

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Pro 12 has 4g memory, pro 9 only has 2 g memory

I believe the Pro 12 also has a faster processor. I read somewhere that the 9.7 doesn't use the same exact a9x processor.

All in all, though I think the less ram may be the most noticable difference, especially if you're going to be running demanding "pro" apps.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I believe the Pro 12 also has a faster processor. I read somewhere that the 9.7 doesn't use the same exact a9x processor.

All in all, though I think the less ram may be the most noticable difference, especially if you're going to be running demanding "pro" apps.
It is the same A9X clocked at a slightly lower frequency in both GPU and CPU, most probably for thermal reasons.

Regarding the "Pro" apps, as of today not a single app on the store requires more than 1 Gb to run (quite on the contrary most are targeted to 512 Mb).
Things may change in the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR