Just arrived! First pictures!

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am in the process of restoring from backup. I decided to try taking my AT&T SIM out of my existing Air 2 and use it in the new iPad - I am on a Mobile Share Value Plan and I don't want to add another device. I assume this will work fine? We'll see.

What was odd though - the new iPad Pro 9.7" did not come with a SIM card - the little bracket was empty. I assume I would activate on AT&T through the on-board SIM chip if I wanted to? The whole internal/external SIM card thing confuses me although I have read some about it. If someone could enlighten me on how it works I would appreciate it! :)

Thanks! More to come as I get this puppy going.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Finishing the restore, all good so far. I did the encrypted backup of old iPad to iTunes, swapped SIM card to new iPad, restored encrypted backup from iTunes, and things running great so far. Have not tested the music/speakers or other stuff yet. So far seems zippier from an iPad Air 2 experience, but I don't know if that's a biased perception yet. Here are some pictures showing old case and new case, so you can see the slight difference in some of the holes that will make using an Air 2 case problematic (the new case the the lighter color in each picture):
IMG_1835.JPGIMG_1836.JPGIMG_1837.JPG

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
The hole differences in the case of the new iPad Pro 9.7" are not minor. There are four speaker holes (two top and bottom), and a larger iPhone 6S class camera on the back. iPad Air cases will cover up these speakers, and the camera opening won't line up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW