AppleCare+? Trying to decide...

mark2741

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I have never been one to purchase extended warranties, and the few times I have it's been a waste of money. That said, my family has managed to crack a lot of iphone screens over the years.....

Apple's website says they are charging over $300 for the iPad Pro screen replacement. That makes me wonder whether the Applecare+ is worth it. I'll probably just invest in a rugged case, but what do you all plan on doing?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not one for extended warranties either, however, I don't mind getting Apple Care Plus for my iOS devices. My iPhone is my most used electronic device and when I get the iPad Pro to replace my aging MacBook, it will be used a good deal, too, so getting Apple Care Plus for it, just in case, is worth the money, even if I don't have to use it within those two years. Peace of mind is what's it's all about.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I think with you saying your family has cracked a lot of screens, I think you have answered your own question.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm not into extended warranties...unless it's for my Portable Apple devices. The iPad Pro is really nice and expensive to fix. AppleCare+ is well worth it, especially if you have a tenacity for cracking screens.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I had exactly the same thought, the AppleCare+ fee plus the service fee is still less than the screen replacement fee.....so it's a bit of a no brainer for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2