I've got the new 9.7-inch iPad Pro! AMA!

nite732

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
So for someone who hasn't had either. Which would you recommend. Which one is the true Pro the bigger screen or the smaller.

timelady

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
So for someone who hasn't had either. Which would you recommend. Which one is the true Pro the bigger screen or the smaller.

I am in the same area of indecision...which to get? I've got 128gb and Smart Keyboard as necessary. I've got an 11" maxed out MacBook Air for work. That is next year's upgrade.

But I spend a lot of time in bed when at home, and in a wheelchair anywhere else (severe pain and spinal injury). I lecture in computer science and IT, but the Air does all I need. I have a 5 year old iMac that, with some ram love, would do well at home too.

But for rattling around and brain storming with post grads and public transport, what would suit me and the electric wheelchair of doom? It's so hard to find tech reviews from the disability POV - something to consider, Rene! I have everything from iPhone 6plus to Apple Watch, and end up being the tech reviewer for disabled friends. It would be nice to point them to a site....

27John117

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I been holding off to get a new iPad for a while now. I have the iPad 3 and been drooling over the idea of getting an iPad Pro. Since the Apple Pencil review I been wanting to get it. I love to draw. I have used Paper by 53 to draw my cat Patches using a cheaply stylus. iMoreAppImg_20160328_095659.jpg Can't imagine what I could look like if I were to get the Pro but not sure about the sizes. Is it better to draw on the bigger screen or is it the same?

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
How are those speakers on the 9.7 model? As loud and clear as the 12 in model? This is one feature I've been waiting for. Now, IF I can only find a case that has channels that project the sound forward like the Macally one does...

Last edited:

yvess

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Hi

I had a iPad mini 2 and an iPad 3. I planed to upgrade to a newer mini, but was disappointed that there wasn't a least a A9 chip in there. With the pencil support I'm torn to the iPad Pro 9.7.

My main use case with the mini was, that I can use it to draft blog post and texts while traveling in public transport.
In portrait mode the software keyboard is quite usable with two hands. I can reach every key with without too much hassle.

The iPad mini seemed perfect for typing with two hand in portrait mode. The older iPads I had where to heavy and bulky for that.

The iPad air 2 and iPad Pro 9.7 are a lot lighter and not so bulky like their older brothers. The software keyboard can also be used in split mode, so all keys should be reachable in portrait mode with two hands.

Do anybody use the new iPad Pro 9.7 like this or an iPad Air 2? I fear that they a bit to big for this, but I want the
pencil support, damn.

Yves

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Currently have the iPad Mini 4, wanted something bigger and got the iPP 9.7" yesterday. I got the Space gray wi-fi and Cellular model 128 GB. I will plan on keeping my iPad mini 4 to take with me wherever I go.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
The speakers on the new iPad Pro 9.7" sound remarkably good. My spouse's iPad Pro seem louder, but I'm not sure they sound any better. Perhaps slightly better lower frequencies because of the larger resonance chambers the larger sibling affords, but perfectly good just the same. I'm quite happy with mine, and the True Tone screen is looking better and better to me daily, compared to the larger Pro.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
One things is for certain, perusing the forums via the forum website in desktop mode is pleasant again via my iPad Pro....��

maverick786us

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
The speakers on the new iPad Pro 9.7" sound remarkably good. My spouse's iPad Pro seem louder, but I'm not sure they sound any better. Perhaps slightly better lower frequencies because of the larger resonance chambers the larger sibling affords, but perfectly good just the same. I'm quite happy with mine, and the True Tone screen is looking better and better to me daily, compared to the larger Pro.

When compared to iPad air, is the difference like heaven and earth?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I been holding off to get a new iPad for a while now. I have the iPad 3 and been drooling over the idea of getting an iPad Pro. Since the Apple Pencil review I been wanting to get it. I love to draw. I have used Paper by 53 to draw my cat Patches using a cheaply stylus. View attachment 104326 Can't imagine what I could look like if I were to get the Pro but not sure about the sizes. Is it better to draw on the bigger screen or is it the same?

That is a great drawing.

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Please excuse my ignorance because I have never had an iPad, but is there an adaptor that let's you use USB devices such as an external hard drive? I'm referring to the Pro models.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Well guess what?! I'm at the Apple Store getting a new baby pro 256 GB wifi cellular woohoo!!! Getting it set up right now.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Just picked up mine from yesterday! 256GB LTE Space Grey! Wanted to use it today so I left it to restore my backup overnight just to check this morning and see the process froze with supposedly 31hrs left :raised-eyebrow: :cant-watch: . I really loath iTunes. Love my new Pro though!

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Well guess what?! I'm at the Apple Store getting a new baby pro 256 GB wifi cellular woohoo!!! Getting it set up right now.

Just picked up mine from yesterday! 256GB LTE Space Grey! Wanted to use it today so I left it to restore my backup overnight just to check this morning and see the process froze with supposedly 31hrs left. I really loath iTunes. Love my new Pro though!

Congrats to you both!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro