Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,901 Global Posts

Default Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!

I know it's early days as I post this, but for those of us that are looking to pick up the new 9.7-inch iPad Pro... we're no doubt going to start the hunt for cases to protect (and maybe add a little bit of style) to the new iPad.

I've found a few great cases already, but I encourage you to add any you find to this list. It'll help our members and guests find the perfect case for them!

OEM Cases:
    Smart Cover for 9.7-inch iPad Pro - Apple
    Silicone Case for 9.7-inch iPad Pro - Apple

Aftermarket Cases:
    LUVVITT Rescue Case - Amazon
    MoKo Ultra Slim Smart Shell - Amazon
    Heavy Duty iPad Pro 9.7 Case from Supcase - Amazon

Feel free to reply with links to your favorites!
    ladyc0524 and neoanomaly6 like this.
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: Best Cases for the 9.7-inch iPad Pro!

I have an OLD iPad (dating to 2010), so I am excited for this upgrade!

I have a hybrid solution for my current device: Apple smart cover, and hard shell back cover (Speck, I think) that includes a small magnet. This little touch has been really great for holding the smart cover snug to the back of the iPad when I am holding it on my lap, etc. I never have to think about the front cover when I've flipped it around to the back.

I'd love to see if anyone is finding slim, keyboard-compatible rear covers that include small magnets like the one I currently have.

Thanks!
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,901 Global Posts

Unfortunately I don't have any recommendations there - but I am patiently awaiting some cases from Pad & Quill. Big fan of their products, have used them for quite some time. Should be cool to see what they come up with for the iPad Pro line.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,901 Global Posts

Oh snap just as I hit enter... went to check their site and they do have some new cases (for original iPad Pro and 9.7)!

iPad Pro cases at Pad & Quill

So good!!!
    ladyc0524 and DarlaMack like this.
    iMore Nanite

Those look really nice! I'm more of a function-over-form person myself and will be looking for something that's a bit more streamlined (and maybe just a bit less expensive)...But if I were looking for a really nice case, that's a great place to start.
    iMore Pro

I'm really hoping that someone comes out with a 360 degree rotating case!
    iMore Beginner

I hope Logitech or Zagg come out with a keyboard case soon. I ordered the $6.95 Moko case to hold me over in the meantime. Kinda sad there aren't that many cases out for it yet.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heyyitsmesusan View Post
    I hope Logitech or Zagg come out with a keyboard case soon. I ordered the $6.95 Moko case to hold me over in the meantime. Kinda sad there aren't that many cases out for it yet.
    Same here...
    iMore Intermediate

My plan is to use the Apple keyboard as the cover, which leaves the back naked. I currently use a Logitech keyboard as the cover for my iPad 4 and like it that way.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,273 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    Oh snap just as I hit enter... went to check their site and they do have some new cases (for original iPad Pro and 9.7)!

iPad Pro cases at Pad & Quill

So good!!!
    Looks nice but I don't see any keyboards...
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,901 Global Posts

Nope, they don't do keyboards... just cases
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts

Why doesn't apple still make the real leather cases (or covers)? The fit was excellent and no rubbery silicone..
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I ordered the MoKo case and the first run was not properly fitted. The speaker openings on the bottom are off and the sleep/wake does not work. They have contacted me and are sending v 2. It is a cheap temporary case until more are available.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

The new MoKo case came today. Fits much better and the sleep/wake works now. Worth the $7 for now.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,901 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lobridge View Post
    The new MoKo case came today. Fits much better and the sleep/wake works now. Worth the $7 for now.
    Have a link? Is this the one? MoKo Case for 9.7" iPad Pro
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I have the 12.9 and 9.7 Pro iPads. I bought Apple's Smart Keyboard Case for the 12.9. Don't like it at all. Terrible on your lap, no backlighting, no function keys, and a flip-floppy mess that you have to origami every time you do something with it...and for the privilege of getting that, we pay an obscene amount of money for it.
    One nice thing: I can use my 9.7 on it while I wait for a better case for the 9.7....LogiTech and Zagg will probably be at the top of my list.
    Machine-wise, these two tablet are incredible. Love the Pencil even as a uniquely accurate stylus.

I am using the silicone case for the back. I am also using the Smart Keyboard. I am sitting up in bed with it in my lap as I type. It's not bad this way.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    I am using the silicone case for the back. I am also using the Smart Keyboard. I am sitting up in bed with it in my lap as I type. It's not bad this way.
    I'm so jealous.... ��....after failing to snag a Smart Keyboard for my iPad Pro, I went ahead and ordered one via the Apple Store app. Now that I've ordered it, I'll walk into a store somewhere and see one readily available for purchase.... ��

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    I'm so jealous.... ��....after failing to snag a Smart Keyboard for my iPad Pro, I went ahead and ordered one via the Apple Store app. Now that I've ordered it, I'll walk into a store somewhere and see one readily available for purchase.... ��
    From what i can tell they are near impossible to find in the store. I do think this one is a keeper. I will asses in the next few days then I'll probably return the Smart Cover- I see that one collecting dust

From what i can tell they are near impossible to find in the store. I do think this one is a keeper. I will asses in the next few days then I'll probably return the Smart Cover- I see that one collecting dust
    I knew it! I ordered the Apple Smart Keyboard last night via the Apple Store app with a shipping date of 1- 2 weeks. Less than 24 hours later, I searched the nearest Apple Store for it like I've done each day, and lo and behold, it had some available for purchase in-store. I quickly made the purchase via the app and then cancelled my previous order. I'm very happy with my purchase and now I'm all set. I have the 9.7" iPad Pro Cellular + Wi-Fi (Rose Gold), the Pencil as well as the Apple Smart Keyboard. I'm a happy camper now...
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 04-07-2016 at 10:14 PM.

I knew it! I ordered the Apple Smart Keyboard last night via the Apple Store app with a shipping date of 1- 2 weeks. Less than 24 hours later, I searched the nearest Apple Store for it like I've done each day, and lo and behold, it had some available for purchase in-store. I quickly made the purchase via the app and then cancelled my previous order. I'm very happy with my purchase and now I'm all set. I have the 9.7" iPad Pro Cellular + Wi-Fi (Rose Gold), the Pencil as well as the Apple Smart Keyboard. I'm a happy camper now...
    Nice! Good for you

Hey wait... I thought you weren't getting the pencil

Hey wait... I thought you weren't getting the pencil
    I wasn't, but I went ahead and purchased it anyway. It's not worth the price for my usage, to be honest, but I'll keep it. I mean, I do actually use it to scroll, select, sign, etcetera, but I could have done that with my Adonit Jot Pro, but since I have it, I might as well use it, right?

I wasn't, but I went ahead and purchased it anyway. It's not worth the price for my usage, to be honest, but I'll keep it. I mean, I do actually use it to scroll, select, sign, etcetera, but I could have done that with my Adonit Jot Pro, but since I have it, I might as well use it, right?
    I hear ya. I was messing with ya. I love my pencil. It's so pretty.
    Just_Me_D likes this.

I hear ya. I was messing with ya. I love my pencil. It's so pretty.
    Yeah, I know. I was at a doctor's office getting a physical earlier, and now I'm stuffing my face with food. I'm starving...(laughing)
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast